Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to raise a bug report into Samsung?

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 08:43 AM)
g0akc
Navigator
Options

How can I escalate a bug/fault report into Samsung?  

Another user and I are reporting an issue with BBC iPlayer in another thread. I believe it affects other consumers.

How can we get Samsung to investigate, preferably without ages on the phone to a helpline going needlessly over more basic troubleshooting?

Is there an escalation route from these forums?

thanks in advance 

Tony

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Have you reported the bug to the BBC? They are responsible for the app but also tend to abandon support for television based apps fairly quickly. So if your TV model is two years old (even if you bought it new far more recently) for example it is probably because of that the app no longer works
0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

Thanks for reply - I'm about to report to the BBC anyway.

TV is a QN94A - 2021 model year and only a month old.  It's running the latest version of the app. 

It's not that the app doesn't work - it plays content but the telly switches itself off at some random point in the programme - you then have to reboot everything to continue watching until it does it again.  It doesn't occur with other apps tried including More 4, UK TV, Prime and so on.

Dropping any support for such a young model would, frankly, be ridiculous...

This is covered in another thread.

Hopefully either Samsung or the BBC will respond and resolve the issue.

0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

I've raised a report with the BBC (they don't make it easy to do so!).  I still rather hope that Samsung also take an interest in this issue as it impacts their product, regardless of who it's felt is responsible.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Good luck!
0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

Lack of traction on this from Samsung.  They’ve supposedly captured traces off our TV but don’t seem to have done much further or apply sufficient resources to tackle it.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
ITV hub will be next, there was a press release about it being removed from Samsung TVs in the near future
0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

@antikythera wrote:
ITV hub will be next, there was a press release about it being removed from Samsung TVs in the near future

I'm not sure that's relevant in this case - the BBC app is there, but there's trouble with it.  I've got another thread running on here with more details (various others have reported the issue too).  Thanks regardless.

Anyway, Samsung have been in touch this afternoon with a way forward - the escalations team are a great bunch, especially Kirsty.

0 Likes