Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to play sound in Smsung TVs that do not support TDS without additional sound equipment?

(Topic created on: 22-04-2020 12:10 AM)
Crisu
Apprentice
Options

I am trying to play a multilingual MKV files  through DLNA. Samsung TV Q90R fails to show some audio languages and subtitle languages. When playing the same file in the computer, i have no such problems. Sometimes when fiddling around (going elseswhere and restarting the movie, the language may appear). For this particular 4k movie, I do not seem to be able to get English language no way I try, neither in audio, while everything is perfect while playing in PC.

Is it an issue of firmware version? Something else?

Please help!

Update: it seems that this particular file's English audio is TDS and Samsung TVs do not seem to support this  (using the built in speakers only) 😞

In living room the solution is Home Theatre, but the Samsung TV in bedroom uses built in speakers only.

I understand that with built in speakers - that sound amazing, BTW - it cannot play full surround, but i should be able to hear english sound in Stereo at least.

Any suggestions how could I still get to play the TDS sound with Smsung TV?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Crisu,

are you able to tell me what TV and software version are you using? You can find the model at the back on a white sticker and the software version from the TV Settings> Support> About this TV/Contact Samsung.

Crisu
Apprentice
Options

My telly is Samsung QE75Q90RATXXU.

Software version: T-MSMDEUC-1345.2, V6970101/070204, BT-S

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

There does seem to be a newer software version available, @Crisu. Go to Home > Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now. The version you're looking to update to is 1356.2.

0 Likes
Crisu
Apprentice
Options

I have auto-updates turned on and I just checked Software verion is 1356.2. Dolby Digital still does not play.

I know that these TVs officcially do not support DTS probably because Samsung tries to cut cost.

Are you saying that software updat should change the fact that latest Samsung TVs  do not support DTS without additional hardware equipment that would support DTS - such as home cinema system?

0 Likes