Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Pair Remotes to two TVs

(Topic created on: 27-07-2021 08:22 PM)
Martin C
Student
Options

I have two Q60T QLED TV's side by side.

At the moment, the two remotes operate both TV's simultaneously. i.e. if I use Remote 1 or 2 to turn on, both TVs turn on.

How do I go about having Remote 1 control TV 1, and Remote 2, control TV 2?

I actually have a full and smart remote for each TV, i.e. 4 remotes. The Smart Remote seems to suggest that I can repair the remote by pointing it at the TV and pressing the Return and Play button, but when I do that it doesn't make the remote specific to a TV. 

Any guidance would be appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
The smart remote is bluetooth so that is why it controls both tv's. If you have a non smart remote, then that is your only option to stop both tv's turning on together.
0 Likes
Martin C
Student
Options

Thanks for the clarification, at the moment both the non-smart remote are also activating both TVs, so how do I separate the two non-bluetooth remotes so they only operate one TV?

APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Since they are so close to each other, there is unfortunately no way to individually control them apart from using the smartthings app to seperately control them.
0 Likes
KyraMystique
First Poster
Options

Hi there! I too had this issue just this week, and thought I'd mention that the remote can 100% be programmed to a single TV, IE remote 1, TV 1; remote 2, TV 2! I have 3 Q60a (two 42" about a 50") and all three have their own solar smart remote, and each operate just one TV. It's not the easiest thing to figure out, but if you're atill having this issue I may be of some assistance. :smiling-face:

Andrew9999
First Poster
Options

Can you post your guidance please? I have exactly this problem and it's driving me up the wall! Thanks.

efoex
First Poster
Options

Hi. Same problem, Samsung TV one end of the lounge space and a Samsung projector the other end. Turn on projector, so the tv turn on also and vice versa…. (Although apple remote to applets connected to projector only activates the projector)…

please detail how to remedy if you have found the solution with Samsung remote only activating the device that it was purchased with. Otherwise: Samsung please fix, it is not unimaginable that one has a Samsung to and projector in the same space ✌️😉.

0 Likes
chrisforrest
First Poster
Options

Hi KyraMystique  - would love to know what you did if you can help please?  Have the same problem, two teles but remote control currently simultaneously controlling both.

flipman57
First Poster
Options

Please advise what  you did.  What a tease to say you have a fix and not give the details! I would be most appreciative KyraMystique!  Thank you.

BigDRandy
First Poster
Options

Hi Kyra, that’s real nice to hear. Now instead of submitting another uninformative reply, could YOU PLEASE TELL US HOW YOU DID THAT which would answer the original posts question that was posed. Thanks