Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete cheddar/other free shows off my Samsung smart tv

(Topic created on: 27-12-2018 08:27 PM)
Hkgreene
First Poster
Options

Hi guys...

My smart TV came with free TV shows… I know you can delete apps off of our TV that came with it but how do I make it so it doesn’t start playing cheddar TV or other free channels included… I do not have cable on the TV. Our use Hulu, Netflix and HBO now to watch TV and movies and while I am going on those apps these free TV channels keep playing… So annoying. Please fill me in on how to permanently get rid of these free channels

10 REPLIES 10
TracyR
Options

Hey @Hkgreene

What model TV do you have?

:smiling-face:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
Cheddar
First Poster
Options

@Hkgreene wrote:

Hi guys...

My smart TV came with free TV shows… I know you can delete apps off of our TV that came with it but how do I make it so it doesn’t start playing cheddar TV or other free channels included… I do not have cable on the TV. Our use Hulu, Netflix and HBO now to watch TV and movies and while I am going on those apps these free TV channels keep playing… So annoying. Please fill me in on how to permanently get rid of these free channels

0 Likes
Am_sf
Apprentice
Options

Please provide instructions of how to remove the cheddar channel from my TV. I do not want it to come up automatically when I turn on TV. I do not have cable and only use apps. This "feature" is ruining the Samsung experience. I will never buy another Samsung if this is your new default. Please fix ASAP. 

Am_sf
Apprentice
Options
I have a Samsung Frame
0 Likes
BleedMusic
First Poster
Options
EXACTLY! I just bought and set up my 7100 last night and after trying everything imaginable and Googling I still can't stop that freaking CHEDDAR!
That stupid channel via TV+ or whatever just starts barking news about reality TV and whatever the heck else every single time I start up the TV... I just want to go to the Hulu app but I'm distracted by that crappy news channel I'm hearing.
And I'm someone who purposely never watches the news, so now to have it forced on my every time I start up my brand new TV wriht no way to turn it off?... I'm truly going to have to return the TV if I can't disable this *****ic "feature."
lpayne
First Poster
Options

Just bought a new Samsung tv (UHD 6 series), SAME PROBLEM. I hate CHEDDAR. I do NOT want it to autoplay. IT IS BEYOND ANNOYING. HOW DO I GET RID OF IT?!!!!

Am_sf
Apprentice
Options

When is someone from Samsung going to reply to this thread? 

JadonFranco
First Poster
Options

The way I found how to do it is this: press the source button on the top right then go to the channels you dont want, press the up arrow to go into that section and you can go to the option "Channel List" and afterwards click on the right most panel. At the top right of this panel you can click on edit channels, you can then check each channel you want gone and press delete.

Joshd
First Poster
Options

@JadonFranco wrote:

The way I found how to do it is this: press the source button on the top right then go to the channels you dont want, press the up arrow to go into that section and you can go to the option "Channel List" and afterwards click on the right most panel. At the top right of this panel you can click on edit channels, you can then check each channel you want gone and press delete.

That works to remove an app but I still can't get rid of cheddar. this is so annoying and frustrating I think I'm going to return the TV. Samsung how do I get rid of cheddar? I hate that it plays automatically all the time.

0 Likes