Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect an Amazon Fire Stick to a Samsung TV Model Number LE37S86BD

(Topic created on: 13-06-2021 02:50 AM)
Gordon1
Apprentice
Options

Hello to all. A friend has a Samsung TV Model Number LE37S86BD. I have tried to connect an Amazon Fire Stick to it via a HDMI port with no success. Can anyone kindly advise me how to do this? Many thanks for your anticipated help.

7 REPLIES 7
pigeonfly
Navigator
Options
Try changing hdmi point , make sure it's switched on at mains also makes sure remote is close to TV/device because of automatic Bluetooth paring, new batteries & of course select the right hdmi channel and wait a few minute hopefully for set up guide. If not of that works you may have a faulty device. Also set up prime account.
0 Likes
Gordon1
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply. The Fire Stick works perfectly in another TV my friend has.

After going into the 'Input Menu' and then selecting the selected HDMI port (1 or 2) I then go into 'Edit name' and Fire Stick is not listed as a name option. This is not surprising as the TV was manufactured in 2007 and Fire Sticks did not come into existence until 2014. Please note the selected HDMI port has already had a PC connection successfully made, so I know it works.

The TV interprets the Fire Stick as being a 'Satellite STB' (Set Top Box) and shows the message 'No Signal' on the screen.

0 Likes
pigeonfly
Navigator
Options
Very strange 🤔 lol reset tv? Or time to buy a new one lol
0 Likes
Gordon1
Apprentice
Options

I have just come off the phone to Samsung Support and it turns out this tv does not support a fire stick. Thanks for advice though.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Does the Fire stick have a micro USB port on it? If so it may be necessary to run a USB cable from the Fire stick to the TV if it has a USB port or any other nearby device or wall socket that does. A TV that old will not provide enough power over HDMI to boot the Fire Stick. That's what I have to do with my Chromecast.
0 Likes
Gordon1
Apprentice
Options

It has a socket for the power lead which I believe to be micro usb.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
It will be so try it if you haven't already
0 Likes