Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much Dirty Screen Effect is normal?

(Topic created on: 09-10-2020 07:06 PM)
ad1994
Pioneer
Options

I've just purchased a Q90T and whenever I watch sports, I have a number of vertical lines that sweep across the pitch when the ball is played long / camera pans.

In some grey backgrounds, I can clearly see the grid, similiar to this picture.

WIN_20201004_21_22_15_Pro.jpg

Am I being picky in returning it? What are the experiences of Q80T/Q90TQ95T owners?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
Can you confirm whether these "lines" are vertical or horizontal?
0 Likes
Keitoki
Navigator
Options

Well, i have the same ***** but it's vertical... samsung pannel is so bad, so so bad.

0 Likes
ad1994
Pioneer
Options

Hey. They're vertical, but also horizontal - depends how the camera pans!

0 Likes
Lindhardt
Apprentice
Options

I returned my Q95T because of to much banding & Dirty Screen Effect. My girlfriend and i couldn't ignore it when watching movies or sport where the screen was panning and it was too annoying. This is the result from a DSE test i did on a Youtube video. The seller said this was within the expected threshold. 

Due to the lack of eArc support and the DSE level i returned the TV. 

I was really hoping for a better quality on a flagship TV and was really disappointed with both issues. I am using my 4 year old Samsung TV where the screen uniformity is perfect  

q95t-billede.jpg

0 Likes
Steelx
Student
Options

Right I have a qled TV from Samsung and there telling me when I'm playing games and I pan the camera up and down Infront of certain backrounds and lighting grayish etc dark backgrounds so most of my games  you see bars that are all in a row hozontle all the way down all symmetrical all the same intensity and distance between each other but only visible with movement up n down  is this normal Samsung says it's within spec is it the back light is it dirty screen affect is it banding what is it just imagine this it looks like this

------

------

------

All in row but only visible with movement up and down and in greyish dull backrounds if this is normal I'll let it go and not expect to much from led TVs again remember it's like ghost lines like shadows even 

0 Likes