Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use Bixby voice control to select an item? QN900a with Q950A Soundbar.

(Topic created on: 09-01-2022 02:18 PM)
Madcyborg
First Poster
Options

I'm new to this Smart TV.

qn900a with Q950A Soundbar. I like the voice controls because I have a disability, so please don't take this post as you think I'm too lazy to use the remote.

What's been happening is I say, "Hi Bixby, Let's watch the Boston Red Sox"

and it will pull up a menu with four different channels. How do I tell it to choose one?

Sometimes I will say, ""Hi Bixby, let's watch channel 925." And it will activate the Comcast DVR and type in the numbers, but very rarely does it actually do the select part. So you see the numbers as if it's typing, but it never presses  okay. So I want to tell Bixby to press okay and go to that channel.

How do I do it?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
RedDotCom
Journeyman
Options
Why don't you try saying select and open ( or activate) the channel you wish to watch?
0 Likes
Madcyborg
First Poster
Options

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I tried your suggestion, and what happens is the channel selector opens for the Comcast DVR, it shows channel 850 or whatever I choose, and then it doesn't select the channel. The channel planner just sits there with the number and nothing happens. 

0 Likes
RedDotCom
Journeyman
Options
There must be a command to get it to action the channel. I'll Google it and see what comes up.
0 Likes
RedDotCom
Journeyman
Options
Try saying 'watch now' 3 times
0 Likes
Madcyborg
First Poster
Options

Bixby says, "I'm afraid this function is not supported." 😅

0 Likes
RedDotCom
Journeyman
Options
Make sure the settings are setup for voice control- I'm not sure which one 🤔
0 Likes
Madcyborg
First Poster
Options

Yes I have it enabled. I think if there was a way to control the rate of input, it would fix it. I think Bixby is trying to control it too fast, so the select command never gets executed.

0 Likes