Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I start Bixby

(Topic created on: 04-05-2023 10:49 PM)
Antony1953
Explorer
Options

Hello,

I'm 70yrs old and don't use social media so I have no idea how to navigate around these sights and I'm getting very frustrated at the amount of useless info I keep being bombarded with from this site. Also, I know nothing about PC's.

All I want to do is activate Bixby so I can ask questions like I do with my Virgin Media remote. However the 285 pages of instructions that I have downloaded for my new Samsung telly don't help much, in fact they don't help at all in this case. 

Can someone please help out an old man and explain in simple English and step by step how I get this silly thing to work so I can search Utube more easily instead of having to type words when searching for stuff.

Thank you,

Antony.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Antony1953 , You have not not mentioned the model  however the format will be pretty standard on all modern Tv's.   you will need to register a Samsung account if you have not done so already and be connected to the internet. You may need to set up a voice ID for activation. You can use Voice Wake up or activate with the Remote control.  Details of the settings are in this article https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-use-bixby-with-my-tv/  A Full list of commands will be available on the Explore Bixby screen.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Antony1953
Explorer
Options

Hello James, thank you for the help and info but it hasn't worked. I followed the instructions on setting up Bixby and my t/v shows that Bixby is activated but nothing I say via the remote has any effect. With my Virgin remote I get a little mic appears on screen while I'm talking to show that it's working but with Bixby I get nothing on screen or anywhere else. I know the remote works ok as I use it all the time and the little red light comes on when I press the mic button, but nothing happens on the t/v.

So it looks like this function is faulty. Never mind, at least the Virgin remote works but not with any Samsung features, unfortunately.

Thanks again for trying to help.

Antony.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Ok should work though may well be some issue. However have you followed the instructions for voice wake up,once this is activated can say instructions with voice without using Remote. Need to say Hi Bixby followed by command. If using the Remote control option need to press and hold microphone button.

You may though have been following correctly and if so option to Factory Reset to see if that makes a difference.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes