Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How do i freesat on my new smart tv;

(Topic created on: 15-05-2022 08:23 AM)
Mich93
First Poster
Options

Hi my new samsung television has FREESAT , model QE43QN90A…. Do i need a satellite dish to tune into it? 
also if i move to Sky broadband would i be able to get that on this tv without a satellite dish

Thanks mich

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Mich93  you  need  a satellite dish  to use the Freesat service. whilst there are on demand services available via the internet customers need the dish/receiver  for the  Tv service. Your ISP does not make a difference.  You will not need a set top Box obviously though. see more details here https://www.freesat.co.uk/news/tech/what-you-need-for-freesat 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Also if you have Freeview working with a FULL complement of channels via terrestrial aerial you really aren't missing out. We have Freesat because there's only a relay Freeview transmission here with 16 basic channels instead of the full list.
0 Likes
Parkmanto
First Poster
Options

Anyone know how to get the freesat channel listing to make any sense in terms of order and why there is no BB1 or 2 in HD?

0 Likes
Members_fdhwzDj
First Poster
Options

Does this TV accept a signal from a wideband SKY Q LNB ?

0 Likes
freetvsat info
First Poster
Options

hi i am sure i am in the wrong area but i have sky q, and a 10 year old samsung tv, its fine but i was wondering if there was a reasonably good replacement for the sky tv, ie, do i have ro to to give back the dish and can a dvr be connected so that i could record normal tv, i get that i would lose things like sky atlantic and other sky specific channels, can i keep netflix discovery plus amazon prime etc.....

i was hoping that someome may be able to tell me what i will lose and the cost savings, can ikeep my landline/broadband fibre.... how much would a smart tv android...compatible with all ive mentioned set me back........

how hard is it to set this up/any advice would be really appreciated.

ta in advance.xxxx