Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i downgrade my smart tv's FW?

(Topic created on: 17-07-2019 07:33 AM)
Duckers
Apprentice
Options

After the last 2 updates my UE49KS7005 series smart tv, it has gotten nearly 80% worse in stability, relieability  and snappy menues than when i got it in january last year. And resetting smart hub and even the entire tv software itself to "factory" doesn't help either.

Is there any ways i can downgrade it somehow? Cause it's infuriating that i paid 1.1 grand for this darn 4k smart tv and it's being as sluggish in the software by updating it..

19 REPLIES 19
7alhoul
Navigator
Options

Hi @Duckers,

Unfortunately it has no way to degrade your TV, try  to see with customer service .

Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

Samsung block downgrading the firmware simply so they can remove things or start pushing adverts and we have no choice to undo by going back to a previous firmware.

There is no technical reason why the firmware can't be flashed to an older version, the TV doesn't know or care what version the firmware is, but Samsung have coded the firmware so that if the flashing firmware version is less than the current firmware version it blocks it.

My first Samsung made TV is my last one and I simply will never buy another Samsung product.

Duckers
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, this samsung tv was definitly my very last. I'm done buying samsung products that intentionally gets 40% slower with every update.

Duckers
Apprentice
Options

Same. I will never get a Samsung product ever again. Even my 1.2 grand note 8 is now sluggish. And the android 9 camera I now hate because I have to now switch tabs between video and photo than keeping them on one page to easily take pics then immediately record. Bow it has a clunky horrible switching which means I will miss a great photo or video because the camera app require more fiddling. And its using up to 1-2 seconds or even freeze for several seconds too at times.

So next time I will get a non Samsung TV and an iPhone. All my phone is good for now is movies on the go and taking relaxing photos of macro stuff. I also hate the way selecting words works too. I select a line of text, release my finger, and all I get in the menu is select all.. no copy or anything else..

greenleaf
Student
Options

I will never again go even near to a samsung product as long as I live.

Kango576
Apprentice
Options

Also for me never TV Samsung

thekid
First Poster
Options

Totally agree.  i owned one Samsung TV and never again.  Paid over $800 for brand new UA40J6200 two years ago and for no reason at all, it now has an issue where it has stopped recognising USB drives and the menus are incredibly laggy to navigate through.   Not surprisingly it's on the latest software and even less surprisingly, I can't downgrade the software on it.  I also can't manually re-load the same software onto it.  So much for a 'Smart TV'.

Unfortunately for me, and I fear for lots of others, Samsung's shady business practice of 'planned obsolescense' only came to light after my purchase.  Although I can't prove this is the exact reason my TV became faulty, I highly suspect it to be the case.  It's too coincidental.  I will never buy another product by these shareholders...oh sorry COMPANY again.

JNagarya
Student
Options

I have a DVD and two blu-rays (so far) that played fine on my Samsung HDTV and Samsung blu-ray player.  Now I get the "can't read" or the "Does not meet the specifications" error messages.

And I take care of my media -- never touch playing side, always return to case after playing.

Bought brand new 2019 Panasonic blu-ray player; it plays one of the two blu-rays that wouldn't, and won't play the DVD.  During one effort I got a flash message that the TV doesn't play HDCP 2.2.  Funny: it played those blu-rays, and the DVD, and more than once, when I first bought them.  

Unless there's something in the settings -- nothing has changed there -- then I can only attribute the reduction in functions, in either both or one of the devices' firmware updates.

I have been buying Samsung, beginning with hard drives, since they came on the market.  But no more: buying a device should not function less and less over time.

JNagarya
Student
Options

Apparently there is a way to roll back firmware updates, but Samsung isn't forthcoming with how.