Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I report a stolen TV to SAMSUNG?

(Topic created on: 21-03-2022 04:28 AM)
fsfarimani
First Poster
Options

A couple of weeks ago this TV was stolen from my parents in Iran:

- Model: UA46ES6950M

sadly the police have not been able to track down the theft(s) so far. Given the fact that this is a smart TV and there is a high chance that the theft(s), or people who might buy the stolen device, will connect it to the internet, I was wondering if SAMSUNG can track the device? Maybe they can report the IP addresses to the authorities? Maybe they can deactivate the device remotely? Maybe they can report it as stolen on their official website so others do not buy the device?

I would appreciate it if you could help me know if SAMSUNG provides such services in the region (middle east / Iran / countries around)? If true it would be great if I could have a phone number, or even better an email address to communicate with.

P.S. I hope you don't mind me posting here, as there seems to be no similar community for the middle east or Iran!

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@fsfarimani: I'm sorry to hear about your parents TV. Sadly we don't offer a tracking option for stolen televisions, nor do we have the ability to remotely block these devices. I understand that you have already contacted the authorities in your region, and recommend staying in touch with them for any updates on their investigation. I apologise for any disappointment this may cause you. 

Please note, I have removed the serial number from your post for data protection purposes

0 Likes
Hash3
First Poster
Options

My tv has been stolen,i would love to know the procedure to block it

0 Likes