Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal line on 55q90r

(Topic created on: 11-09-2020 06:47 PM)
Marcus944
First Poster
Options

A thin horizontal line has appeared across the screen of my 5 month old q90r along with a green shaded vertical bar at the far left of the screen. The horizontal line seems to change colour out of sync with the rest of screen around it, eg red line on blue screen, green line on red etc. Any ideas what the issue may be?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Marcus944: To troubleshoot the issue can you try unplugging the TV at the wall for around 30 seconds, then plug it back in. If you have any external devices connected to the TV, please disconnect them to ensure that the issue is not stemming from an external source. If the issue is occurring on all sources, head to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test - do the lines appear here, or do you get any errors or 'Failed' messages in the summary? 

0 Likes
Marcus944
First Poster
Options

The line is still there after a power off and on and is visible on all the picture test screens. 

0 Likes
Uill
Journeyman
Options
If the line shows on different sources and in apps, it sounds like a hardware fault. Contact Samsung or the retailer you bought it from to have it repaired or replaced. ( I have a similar red vertical line that shows up on my Samsung TV sometimes, turned out to be a hardware fault but unfortunately out of warranty so get it fixed sooner rather than later)
0 Likes