Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Horizontal line across screen

(Topic created on: 30-09-2020 02:45 PM)
TVAddict
Apprentice
Options

The TV is only 2 years old and is a UE55NU7100. I just put the TV on and it was there. Please tell me there's a way to fix it. We love this TV and just bought another Samsung TV because we're so happy with it. I really don't want to regret the purchase.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @TVAddict 

Would you be able to send through a photo to show this please?

0 Likes
TVAddict
Apprentice
Options

Sorry, I can't work out how to attach a photo from my phone. 

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

When you press "reply" from your phone, simply use the Camera symbol to insert pictures. Have you tried restarting the TV by unplugging it from the main power socket? Try also a Picture Test: Menu > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test. If the test fails or the lines are still there, you would need an engineer to check the TV and possibly repair it. You can find more information on repairs here.

0 Likes
Solution
TVAddict
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, I've done the self diagnostic and it failed the picture tests. I'll look into getting an engineer. 

0 Likes
Lx Reilly
Apprentice
Options

I had the same problem as have many hundreds of Samsung Customers. Unfortunately the problem is poor quality builds of the Gate Drivers. I've had this conformed by a Samsung engineer who tells me that he's repeatedly working on the sames repairs over and over because of the poor quality. Samsung are packaging poor quality and selling under their brand and the lifetime of the QLED TVs is just over 2 years, as opposed to the 7 that Samsung allude to.