Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High pitched noised on my QE55Q80T TV while it's off

(Topic created on: 13-09-2021 11:42 PM)
Rudx_
First Poster
Options

Hello all,

I recently came to a problem with my fairly new (half a year old) TV, specifically model QE55Q80T. The thing is, that after some time it's starts making high pitched noise, by ear I located it sourcing from the bottom of the TV, where the LED and simplified control button is located (most likely infra reciever for remote too).

To further specify: it happens only while turned off (and pluged in of course), it's gone immediately once turned on (or plugged out). Once pluged out and in again, comes back after a while, without ever turning it on. The only other electronics close to it is my router (don't think that has to do anything with it) and PS4 connected by HDMI the whole time (unplugging the console, either HDMI or even from electricity, doesn't seem to have an impact).

Do you have any idea what could I do, any troubleshooting ideas? Or just claim it as defected? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

R.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
nononsensecat
Apprentice
Options
I'll class this as faulty. Take it/send it back and replace it with another.
0 Likes
rolimx
First Poster
Options

Hey! Did you find a fix for that? I'm having the same issue with a smart monitor with Tizen. Thank you

0 Likes
berberon
Explorer
Options

I have the exact same problem with a brand new TV : QE55QN700B.

After i turn it off, it makes a high pitch noise every 5 minutes like a mosquito is flying around.

The noise comes from the base unit that has the HDMI / Network / Electricity connections

0 Likes
mylo78
Journeyman
Options

hi, di you get any answer to you issue, i got same tv december 2022 and the exact same noise happens when tv is on standby, i am trying to get it replaced but samsung are telling me its thermal expansion of components and is acceptable so i would have to pay for inspection. why would it be acceptable to ship a tv with this issue, its like a mosquito flying around my room, sorry for long reply

berberon
Explorer
Options

Hi

They came and replaced the base unit but this made no change.

The noise remains.

I'm waiting for an answer from them.

mylo78
Journeyman
Options

nice chap came and changed the motherboard in the base unit after a very polite but harsh email to customer support but 10 mins after chap left and tv was setup again properly the sound started just the same so im now resigned to the fact that this is just part and parcel of the design, it only happens on standby and not when watching tv, almost like a pre-load waiting for tv to be turned off standby for such power as with what i imagine these 8k tvs would use now, maybe if the power supply was seperate it wouldnt be an issue, im done trying to argue with customer support its been 3 months now and not sure what else i can do plus i really do like the tv

berberon
Explorer
Options

Same here,

They replaced the "One Connect" unit twice but it made no change.

After much testing, i found out that if the Ethernet is disconnected from the One Connect, the sound is gone. Seems that if the TV has no internet connection it doesn't do that high pitch sound.

0 Likes
webraider
Explorer
Options

I have the same issue, removing Ethernet doesn't help.

Whine / noise comes from TV where one connect cable goes in.

0 Likes
berberon
Explorer
Options

After conducting further tests, it was found that the issue was not resolved by disconnecting Ethernet. Upon deeper investigation, it was determined that the source of the noise was not the OneConnect unit, but rather the point where the TV cable was connected.

I attempted to rectify the issue by replacing the cable between the OneConnect unit and the TV, but this did not make any difference.

Fortunately, I received communication from the support team yesterday, and they have scheduled a technician to replace the faulty component within the TV.