Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Smart View

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 03:00 PM)
Mona22
Apprentice
Options
I have a Galaxy  S6 mobile and a Samsung S7500 smart tv, with Smartview, which I can use with systems such as Zoom to great effect. I was using it on Band, to do live jazzercise sessions until last month (14 jan), when my tv started showing a comment that 'resolution or frame rate not supported'.  Can anyone help me with this?Mona22
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Try opening your camera, scroll to video, open settings, then check the recording settings for video. choose one of the better quality settings.
0 Likes
Mona22
Apprentice
Options
thankyou but no luck there. I 'm not streaming on Band just trying to cast from my phone onto the tv.
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
it must be the quality of your cast. is there a setting on the app you use for casting? If there is, then you will need to adjust that, for example, you are casting at low resolution, therefore you need to adjust to a higher quality. there might also be a bandwidth issue, so if you have any other devices connected to your wifi router, try disconnecting them.
0 Likes
Mona22
Apprentice
Options
sadly there's no setting for quality on Smart view. I am upgrading my wifi speed in a week or so; do you think that would have any effect? otherwise I think i'll have to try to link my mobile to the tv via a cable connection
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There are settings in the Band app so you can adjust video quality.
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
its not just speed - bandwidth plays its part too. do you have Samsung Dex on your phone? if so, use that.
0 Likes
Mona22
Apprentice
Options
I was just looking at a DeX cable - I think that's what I need. thanks so much for your help!
Mona22
Apprentice
Options
that's interesting- i'll have to look at that. its strange how it suddenly stopped working on my tv.
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
your standard charging cable should work - the usb-c connection to your phone, and there should also be a USB port on the back of your TV.
0 Likes