Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Help! Q80T TV behaving erratically

(Topic created on: 27-03-2020 08:15 PM)
thescouselander
Journeyman
Options

So I've just recieved a new Q80t tv but its doing some very weird things.  I keep getting notifications about the sound sensor - one minute it turns itself on and then next it turns itself off and every time I get a notification!  Secondly when turning the TV on from cold the smart hub screen appears in the wrong place on the screen and flickers but it will go back to normal after a minute or so.

Looks like support is unavailable due to COVID.  Is my TV broken or is there a setting somewhere I might be able to change?

TV Notification.jpg 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
thescouselander
Journeyman
Options

So I eventually managed to sort this out.  For anyone else facing the same problem there is a hardware switch for the sound sensor just behind the S of the Samsung badge at the bottom (left of the power buttion).  Its a bit tricky to find but it is there.  Simply switch the sound sensor to off there and the messages will be gone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
GLuax1225
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issue with the sound sensor popping up repeatedly- Q80T 65".  I'm seeing many people complaining about this online.  Most are saying they get this with a soundbar connected or a gaming headset.  Come on Samsung! This seems like very basic stuff to get right.  I've bought Samsung for years for their quality, but I'm starting to question that. PLEASE FIX THIS!

Also, initial setup connected to WiFi without issue, but now the tv will not connect to it for for some reason.

0 Likes
Solution
thescouselander
Journeyman
Options

So I eventually managed to sort this out.  For anyone else facing the same problem there is a hardware switch for the sound sensor just behind the S of the Samsung badge at the bottom (left of the power buttion).  Its a bit tricky to find but it is there.  Simply switch the sound sensor to off there and the messages will be gone.

AntS
Options

@thescouselander , Glad you've found a way to sort it! 🙂👍

Software version T-NKMDEUC 1112.9 (or later) should have a fix for this one too.

0 Likes