Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDR to SDR local dimming bug

(Topic created on: 30-12-2020 03:15 PM)
tiagosbritto
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys! Lately I’ve been noticing a weird bug in my Samsung Q80T model. Whenever I play HDR content and go straight back to any SDR content with the SDR local dimming set to High i notice a weird distortion in bright parts of any SDR picture. However, if I switch the picture mode and then go back to the previous one this issue goes away though it always shows up again when I play HDR content and play SDR right after. Anyone have notice that? Is it a software bug that can be fixed with future updates or should I call support?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @tiagosbritto 

Did you manage to get this sorted or are you still having the same issue?

tiagosbritto
Journeyman
Options

Hi! Unfortunately im still facing this issue

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Could we take the full model code and current software version of your TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

tiagosbritto
Journeyman
Options

Sure! The tv model code is: QN55Q80TAGXZD and the software version is: T-NKMUABC-1461.0, B3040700/A71103, BT-S

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Thanks for that, @tiagosbritto. Your TV is on the latest software version. Let's try a reset of your TV. Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. Note: Any adjustments you may have made to the settings of the TV will be defaulted to the factory settings the TV came with.

tiagosbritto
Journeyman
Options

I did it! Unfortunately the issue remains unchanged 😞

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

In that case we would suggest contacting our Support Team, who will be able to make a remote connection to your TV to see if they can establish what may be causing the issue and if necessary, arrange an engineer's visit. You can contact them between 8am to 10pm on 0333 000 0333.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
tiagosbritto
Journeyman
Options

Ok, Chris! I really hope this issue gets noticed by Samsung and solved in the next firmware update since it seems like a software bug! 

Thank you for your attention! 

0 Likes
MasterJam
Explorer
Options

Was also reported by me for the Q90T back on December 2020 in a very detailed post with pictures, timestamps for video material  and reproduction steps.

And what did Samsung mod team do?

They archived it so it's no longer visible.

Faking their own support forums and deleting critical posts about serious issues.

But it seems the issue is fixed with latest 1497 firmware from 03/2021.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/contentarchivals/contentarchivedpage/message-uid/1603013