Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Hdr option missing

(Topic created on: 21-04-2020 10:24 PM)
Luca_A1195
Apprentice
Options

Hi, just bought my tv UE55RU7172. 

There is no option to turn on/off hdr in any menu of tv, no settings and no mention in the manual. As well no mention, no settings, no option about hdr 10+. 

But in the specifics of tv and on package is clearly reported hdr presence! 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
fatguy666
Explorer
Options

I found for the built in apps like Netflix it is enabled by default in picture settings.

For an external source like a blu-ray player go into Settings > General > External Device Manager > HDMI UHD Color to enable on whatever input you need.

0 Likes
Luca_A1195
Apprentice
Options

Hi thank you, but I don't see neither greyed in the pictures settings. 

And I cannot see HDMI UHD Color in the other menu. As I said no track of it in any menu. 

0 Likes
fatguy666
Explorer
Options

Manual for your TV says that this option is called "Input Signal Plus" - same place that I mentioned, just a different name.

0 Likes
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Morning @Luca_A1195 ,

as @fatguy666  has mentioned  HDR is automatically enabled for the native apps. When you start playing HDR content, a small HDR icon appears next to the picture mode on the quick settings menu. 

For HDR to work from external devices, Input Signal Plus usually has to be enabled from the External Device Manager menu for the input you are using.

Luca_A1195
Apprentice
Options

Thank you very much, this explains everything, I can see the icon when hdr content is played. 

alecght
First Poster
Options

Hi I am dealing with a similar issue but on a UHDTV 6 series NU6900 50in and there’s no option for HDR 

0 Likes
Arsh1
First Poster
Options

I have a QE43Q60TA 43 and have this issue when it doesnt Auto HDR on Netflix or any other HDR 4K content. Cant work out why it wont activate

0 Likes
Harleyman9000
First Poster
Options

Sorry for the necro, I have a S95B and the hdr sign does not show in the quick menu while watching disney plus. However It does show while in game mode while on my ps5. So can I assume all internal apps are auto and show in hdr without telling me or does my unit have a problem?

0 Likes