Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDR looks greyed out?

(Topic created on: 30-10-2019 02:16 AM)
whoamax
Student
Options

Hi, so I've noticed this sometime on my samsung 7 series television.  Apparently it supports HDR10 but I noticed whenever I played HDR content on a streaming platform, I would need to basically set the picture setting to the dynamic preset and turn all the brightness and contrast settings all the way up.  On normal SDR content, things looked fine and had the preset to "movie" picture mode but when switching to HDR, things looked darker overall and almost greyed out.  Anyone know w

3 REPLIES 3
jez_0
Journeyman
Options

Hi, please see my post here. May help you out if ambient light detection is activated 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Possible-Fix-for-Too-Dark-Netflix-Videos-on-Samsung-TVs/td-p/...

0 Likes
whoamax
Student
Options

Hey thanks for the help, but I tried that and no dice.  I changed my picture setting to standard instead of movie and it seemed to even things out for the most part, but things don't really seem to pop the way I had imagined it would.  Only other HDR reference I have is my galaxy s9 and things looks better there.

100pat
Pioneer
Options
Netflix uses Dolby Vision for it’s HDR content. Most Samsung TVs don’t work well with Dolby Vision so there seems to be nothing you can do if that’s the problem. (Besides watching in SDR if you can. )
Amazon stuff in HDR10+ should be OK.
0 Likes