Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDR content grainy

(Topic created on: 03-10-2020 12:21 PM)
MikeCJ
Journeyman
Options

Hi Samsung Team

I’ve enjoyed my Samsung Q9F 65 inch tv for over a year and a half now.

The UHD Content is great and 4K picture quality fantastic. However recently while watching Netflix content, specifically the new Netflix series ratched HDR content is severely affected with a white grainy appearance. See attached photos. 

This is a real shame as I have enjoyed HDR content above all with its quality contrast and brightness ratio. HDR content does not seem to be affected with Amazon prime. 

currently a lot of HDR content seems to be affected primarily on Netflix.

Is this a known Netflix problem with certain series or is there a fix for the TV unit itself.

It’s important to note I am watching Netflix on the TV itself.

13 REPLIES 13
MikeCJ
Journeyman
Options

6BCD1D82-3D00-470E-A516-C0062097C6C5.jpeg

D710452E-BD21-4EE9-B04B-EA89B0E94C4A.jpeg

46046680-D70E-4A31-BB9F-3097F541E175.jpeg

8B4B8D1C-3B33-4905-93CF-8936CF8B1652.jpeg

4DCECF35-D03B-4096-8C71-AE35F3E6C177.jpeg

Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi MikeCJ,
It seems like the issue is with Netflix and not samsung. You need to contact netflix and tell them your problem ur facing and also mention ur not facing problem with amazon.
MikeCJ
Journeyman
Options

Hi

i recently moved my Netflix to skyQ but I’ll try both. Heard HDR is coming to sky in time for Christmas so will try the Sky Netflix app as well. Shame still as I really liked the instant access of the TV app.. although common..

Still NO DOLBY ATMOS SUPPORT!?

0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
sky q on netflix doesn't have any problem. I have that. Sky q have netflix app that you can use.
0 Likes
Sibles
Journeyman
Options

I've got exactly the same problem. Netflix HDR content is grainy. Same result if I stream from xbox one x or TV app. Any other 4K footage from other sources is fine.

Netflix 4K is fine - it is just Netflix HDR content

Tried power down of the TV still no luck. Reluctant to factory reset and lose all my settings unless someone knows that is the fix

MikeCJ
Journeyman
Options

Hi

after quite a few weeks tweaking various settings and contacting Netflix this is still unresolved. 

with various content across different platforms content looks grainy, or dirty like.. especially in darker scenes.

MikeCJ
Journeyman
Options

On prime watching the walking dead the world beyond the dark scenes are awful and there’s even a flickering effect across the sides and all over..

ive been reading about local dimming problems and over crushing of blacks on various forums and wondered if there’s a recommended fix for this?

MikeCJ
Journeyman
Options

If this is a panel problem I’m really not gonna be happy...

Marc4k
First Poster
Options

I have the same exact issue while watching Ratched on netflix ,either on tv app or chromecast. The odd thing is, watching "night on earth" on netflix, which is also in HDR, I do NOT have this issue. Which leads me to guessing it's a certain HDR type issue (hdr 10, 10+, I don't know). I've been googling my ass off, but so far no luck. Did anyone here get any further?

0 Likes