Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HDMI1 no display on 4K Samsung UE55KU6172

(Topic created on: 29-03-2020 01:12 PM)
Yura2233
First Poster
Options

Hi guys!

I have this problem I tried a whole day solving, googling but nothing helped. I think it is unresolvable, but here goes:

I have PC connected to 1080p monitor via HDMI and also to 4K Samsung 55" TV via HDMI.

The TV has 3 HDMI sockets.
On socket 2 and 3 I can set resolution in desktop to 4K@60Hz and it works great. In games, I can play even up to 4K, however when comparing it to 1080p, it feels "choppy" so I suspect the refresh rate is only 30HZ on the 4K resolution. TO fix that, I read I should use the HDMI1 socket and that is where the problem starts.

When I use the HDMI1 socket, I get a black screen. I tried to connect both the monitor and the TV and I got black screen on both. So in TV settings I turned HDMI UHD COLOR OFF and now I got display at least on the monitor! So using extended display, I tried changing the resolution on the TV to 1080p and voila, I got screen - but only 1080P. When I changed it to ANYTHING higher than this, I got black screen again. Also when I enabled HDMI UHD COLOR again, it turned black too...

So my question is - what should I do? - How to get it working? I can play 4K 30hz but that just bleeds my eyes and makes my eyes/head hurt soon and is not pleasant in general.
Or I can play 1080p but then why do I have a 4K TV...? I just dont understand why using the HDMI2/3 sockets, I can set it to 4K 60HZ in WIndows, but in Games it is stuck with 30HZ?
And why does the HDMI1 socket behave thsi way?

Thanks to anyone who was willing to read it! 
George

0 Likes
Go to solution
12 REPLIES 12
fatguy666
Explorer
Options
Hi George. Unfortunately I've never used an HDR monitor so dunno how useful I'd be.

My TV (and I'd imagine yours) have independent settings on the same source depending on if the TV is receiving and HDR signal out not. Like I original calibrate my TV (thanks to rtings.com I believe) in normal mode, the started watching something in HDR and calibrated it again. TV then jumps automatically between the two sets of settings.

I'm not sure if a monitor would do that. You might be better seeing if the manufacturer has a forum for it and asking there.

All the best.
0 Likes
Yura2233
First Poster
Options

Hi man! 🙂

it is this monitor actually :smiling-face: https://www.alza.cz/32-samsung-c32hg70-d5088175.htm#recenze

But nevermind, I will have to decide that myself now 🙂 

You helped me a lot, thanks for all the time You spent with me 🙂

George

0 Likes
luichungyan
First Poster
Options

Hello fatfuy666

I have a similar issue. I got a Samsung Smart 4K QLED HDR TV, QN75Q60T. I tried to connect with my Acer intel i3 PC desktop with a 4400 intel graphics card. The desktop PC I have been connecting to my Samsung LCD tv for over 6 years. Now I tried to sync to the computer to the 4K tv with HDMI, it worked for the first time, and then it no longer syncing. I tried getting a 4K HDMI cable, and it also worked for the first time, and it's not syncing anymore. I reboot the computer, pulling the cable, and plug back then. Turning the TV off, switching ports, and reset the Tv, and nothing works. If you know what the issue might be, please kindly let me know.

Thanks!

0 Likes