Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI Receiver sound issue with QN90A

(Topic created on: 22-06-2022 10:37 AM)
Penryn
Apprentice
Options

I noticed an issue with my QN90A and my new receiver (Onkyo TX-NR6050).  It may coincide with software ver. 2001 update, but it's not clear when that was released.

When plugged into HDMI 4 (Game port) for 120hz capability, the TV will not keep the sound on the HMDI receiver.  The sound starts out working fine, but then switches back to TV Speaker within ~10-30 seconds.  It keeps doing this, even though it's clear the sound can work fine through the receiver.

A warning message pops up about needing to be on HDMI3 for eARC, but this can be dismissed--and the sound works.  HDMI3 doesn't work w/ 120hz, of course, so this isn't an option.

I've tried enabling/disabling ARC settings on both sides just in case, but with no luck.

Anyone else run into this TV speaker force the TV keeps doing?

6 REPLIES 6
Peter176
First Poster
Options

I am having this same issue with my Samsung tv and Yamaha amp it switches on then no sound , if I disconnect everything and restart it works one time 

then 2nd time I turn it on I get no sound sgain 

0 Likes
Jkjkjjj
Student
Options

I've been having the same problem for the last few days. It must be a new update they pushed. I have an 85 inch QN90A that was purchased last October.

0 Likes
Penryn
Apprentice
Options

I am hoping when 2001.4 comes out in the US (unless that's specifically an EU version) it fixes this.  Samsung has not been helpful at all over phone or email support and keeps claiming they resolved the issue because my sound works, even when that's not the problem.

0 Likes
ausm736
First Poster
Options

I am also facing this HDMI problem as you can see here some information about it but its very similar to this I think we both need the same solution...

0 Likes
Pauljr
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

UnfortunateIy, I have a QN90B Samsung TV with the same eArc issues using a Yamaha A6A receiver.  I believe the Samsung QN90B and A models TV's have a software and/or hardware critical defect with its eArc system.   The Samsung QN90B eArc problems started as soon as the Yamaha A6A was connected to the TV.  Performed extensive troubleshooting tasks over the span of 3 weeks with the help of experts from Yamaha's help line and they rightfully concluded that it was the Samsung QN90B TV having eArc communication issues with Yamaha A6A receiver.  Unfortunately the facts are now building that Samsung’s QN90B and A models TV’s do have a consistent and systemic defect in their eArc system that they need to fix as soon as possible. 

TV and AVR Configuration:

• Only using Samsung QN90B TV apps such as Youtube-TV, Netflix, PrimeTV, Disney, Youtube.
  • eArc using 8K rated cable TV output to HDMI-3 to Yamaha A6A eArc input.

Summary of Problems with Samsung QN90A eArc with Yamaha A6A Receiver

1. Audio randomly drops out when switching channels and/or changing volume.
  2. Significant audio delays when switching channels and/or apps.
  3. At times have total loss of audio when switching channels and/or apps.
  4. At times no audio upon TV startup.
  5. Random AVR source change at TV startup, and when changing channels and/or apps.

Summary of Troubleshooting Tasks:

1. Switch to different HDMI cable at eArc connections, no improvements.
  2. Changed and adjusted numerous TV and AVR settings, no improvements.
  3. Bi-pass eArc with optical cable, all eARC related problems solved, but lower quality audio.
  4. Bi-pass eArc with Apple TV using HDMI interconnects, all eARC related problems solved, but had lower quality video using Yamaha’s 4K up-converter, Samsung internal 4K up-converter is much better than Yamahas.
  5. I believe there are no other solutions to this QN90B eArc problem.  I now firmly believe that the QN90B and A models have a hardware and/or software permanent eArc system defect.
Chris BC
Student
Options

Your issue is due to faulty programming in the Samsung TV.  This has been an ongoing issue since at least the 2016 models.  Samsung is well aware of the problems that their poor programming is causing, but thus far they have been unable and/or unwilling to resolve the issue.