Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hdmi ports stopped working

(Topic created on: 16-11-2020 05:25 PM)
Colin392
Student
Options

I have a Samsung T32E310EX tv with two hdmi ports yesterday they stopped working when i turn on my dvd player that's connected to one of the ports all I get is just a black screen the same with the second hdmi port up untill now the tv has been fine I only brought it last year so it's not even over a year old. Any help or tips would be appreciated.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options
@Colin392: Do you have any other external devices that you can try connecting to the TV via HDMI, just to ensure that the issue isn't stemming from the DVD player? Similarly, can you try another HDMI cable to see if the issue persists? If you press the Menu or Volume Up/Down buttons on your TV remote, do the corresponding menu/volume options show on screen?

In the meantime, as a basic troubleshooting step, please try unplugging your TV at the wall for around 30 seconds, then plug it back in and power the TV on to see if this helps.
0 Likes
Colin392
Student
Options

Nope sorry same again

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Are you able to try to plug a different device to the TV HDMI so we can determine if the issue is with the cable, the port or the external device? 

0 Likes
Hubert9
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue: factory reset, reinstall didn't work.

now the problem is solved, simply by doing a smart hub reset.

0 Likes
wilyankov
First Poster
Options

hello there ! 

I have met the same issue. my hdmi ports stopped working for no reeason. i've already try to change hdmi cables and sources no results. 

Even with factory settings. I don't know what to do ?

0 Likes
amorinix
First Poster
Options

I everyone

I have exactly the same problem: none of the 3 HDMI ports work (and it already worked) linked to my PC. I use it only few times... and I don't know why, it stopped work. I already change the cables, change the sources (tried with othe PC) and still the same. The windows 10 detect is connected to samsung but... who cares? I can´t see nothing... I'm very uppseted with Samsung TV's !!! Neither the USB ports worked (and as well, they already worked...)

I will not ask for help... maybe a hammer worked and buy a new one, from other brand!

In Portugal, the frequency of open TDT channels changed. And now, everytime I turn of the TV set, I have to search the channels and save it... but it is not recognized next time...

Samsung has become a piece of ...

This is strange... I don't have cable TV at home, I have no internet connected, I tried to update the software using a hotspot. It recognize a new version of firmware but ... can´t install...

That's why I said: only an hammer and new buy of other brand...

BrettMac
First Poster
Options

My HDMI ports on my less than 1 year old 75 in TV stopped working as well and I've tried everything that they told me to do in troubleshooting and nothing worked.

So the next step was since its under a year warranty they will send someone out to fix it. Opened up a ticket and said that someone will contact me within 5-7 business days. After 5 business day I got an email stating that the ticket has been closed, so I called again and customer service didn't understand why no one called me and why it was closed. At first customer service was nice, understanding, and helpful. They put me on hold and called the repair company that they use in my area to see what was going on. Turns out that the company is super busy and doesn't have time to do a repair it would be a couple of months until they would be able to fix my TV. 

So Samsung said they will do there next option which is submit a ticket and call the place where I bought the TV from which was Best Buy and do a TV exchange. Again had to wait 5 business days for Best Buy to contact me and setup a date and time to do the exchange. No call for 5 days again called Samsung and customer service and they gave me the number to Best Buy and two different codes to give them for this order one was a RMA # and a RA #. 

I called the number and talked to a manager at Best Buy and they informed me that is not their policy and if I didn't buy a Geek Squad Protection Plan on the TV , so I'm basically screwed. Which started making me mad and I argued with the guy stating I'm not asking you to fix it Samsung said that I can exchange the TV with a new TV and that they already contacted you guys to set this up. Best Buy said no we don't do that and have never done that. This is just a process that these manufactures do to try and avoid the situation.

So I called Samsung back and talked to a manager in the department and told him the conversation I had with Best Buy and he said that is ridiculous I have been working with Samsung for over 10 years and this is what we always have done. He kindly said let me put you on hold and I will call Best Buy for you and figure this out. I was on hold for almost an hour with him he came back every 5 minutes saying that he is still working with them. 

Finally he stated that Best Buy never got the information about your order, so he was faxing it over to them right now. Told me that it was faxed over and they should be contacting me in 5 days to do the exchange. Again NO CALL!!! Called Samsung back and talked to another manager and she look up my account and said the exact same thing as the other guy there was no fax or information sent to Best Buy. Seriously!!! Told her that I don't want to exchange it now its been over 3 weeks now. I want you guys to send someone out to fix the TV, she said I'm sorry but we can't do that now since it been over a year for your warranty. 

So apparently Best Buy was right and these manufactures do not care and will just send you in different directions just so they don't have to deal with the issue anymore.  

0 Likes