Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI/eARC connected to receiver issues

(Topic created on: 29-05-2022 10:13 AM)
GODesick
First Poster
Options

I have my Samsung ue43TU7 TV connected to a Yamaha Receiver over the HDMI/eARC port.

When I turn on the TV, it always switches the source input on my receiver; sometimes multiple times (after I have switched it back). Why does it do this & how do I get it to stop?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pauljr
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

UnfortunateIy, I have a QN90B Samsung TV with the similar eArc issues using a Yamaha A6A receiver.  I believe the Samsung QN90B and A models TV's have a software and/or hardware critical defect with its eArc system.   The Samsung QN90B eArc problems started as soon as the Yamaha A6A was connected to the TV.  Performed extensive troubleshooting tasks over the span of 3 weeks with the help of experts from Yamaha's help line and they rightfully concluded that it was the Samsung QN90B TV having eArc communication issues with Yamaha A6A receiver.  Unfortunately the facts are now building that Samsung’s QN90B and A models TV’s do have a consistent and systemic defect in their eArc system that they need to fix as soon as possible. 

TV and AVR Configuration:

• Only using Samsung QN90B TV apps such as Youtube-TV, Netflix, PrimeTV, Disney, Youtube.
  • eArc using 8K rated cable TV output to HDMI-3 to Yamaha A6A eArc input.

Summary of Problems with Samsung QN90A eArc with Yamaha A6A Receiver

1. Audio randomly drops out when switching channels and/or changing volume.
  2. Significant audio delays when switching channels and/or apps.
  3. At times have total loss of audio when switching channels and/or apps.
  4. At times no audio upon TV startup.
  5. Random AVR source change at TV startup, and when changing channels and/or apps.

Summary of Troubleshooting Tasks:

1. Switch to different HDMI cable at eArc connections, no improvements.
  2. Changed and adjusted numerous TV and AVR settings, no improvements.
  3. Bi-pass eArc with optical cable, all eARC related problems solved, but lower quality audio.
  4. Bi-pass eArc with Apple TV using HDMI interconnects, all eARC related problems solved, but had lower quality video using Yamaha’s 4K up-converter, Samsung internal 4K up-converter is much better than Yamahas.
  5. Tried two new Yamaha A6A receivers, both had the same eArc issues.
  6. I believe there are no other solutions to this QN90B eArc problem.  I now firmly believe that the QN90B and A models have a hardware and/or software permanent eArc system defect.
Transcendent_a
First Poster
Options

Hi Paul, has anyone from Samsung confirmed this issue yet? I have just got a new samsung QN85B TV and I have Yamaha rxv373 receiver  and started to having a similar issues to yours.

0 Likes
satyamv19
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same issue with my QN90B and Q990B. TV and soundbar are connected to eARC ports. It has been over 2 and half months since I purchased the TV and soundbar. Samsung support team is not able to figure out the issue. Service representatives stop by and reset the TV using their service remote and reset the soundbar after which sometimes the TV recognizes the soundbar and works for some time (a day or 2) , then the TV does not recognize the soundbar for some time (it can be for 2 to 6 days) before finally on one day it automatically starts recognizing the soundbar. Samsung replaced both the TV and soundbar with brand new ones after failing to fix the issue for 20 days.

The same issue has been repeating with the new TV and soundbar too. I still have couple of service requests open as of today for Samsung. It has been 6 days since the request has been raised, there is no word yet from Samsung on the issue.

To me it looks like they have serious issues with either their eARC ports or the TV & Soundbar are not compatible with each other.

If anyone has a solution for fixing the issue, please do share it here, Samsung will gladly take advantage of the knowledge from customer experience in making their products work.

Shame on Samsung so far.

0 Likes
Bumbedqn90cowner
First Poster
Options

With much regret, I purchased the 2023 75 inch QN90C and the problem is still there. My soundbar was an older Bose Soundtouch 300 with arc. I thought there was maybe an issue with the HDMI handshake going from ARC to eARC. I purchased a new Bose Smart Ultra Soundbar with eARC thinking that it would work. I was wrong. I have countless hours, including calls to both Bose and Samsung, only to get the “I am sorry” response.

After over 30 years of owning Samsung products, I will slowly be switching away to other products that has moved into the 21 century. Being in 2023, and having to use old technology(ie optical cable), and 2 separate remotes, since the volume cannot be controlled by the tv remote when using an optical cable, I must say it is a shame. I honestly believe that due to pressure to get the newest model out, real QA product testing is overlooked. The eARC port is a very important part of the TV, since the built in speakers are junk. To not test various soundbars, is completely irresponsible, especially when charging thousands of dollars for a TV.  Not to mention, this TV was a replacement for a 5 year old Samsung UHD unit with extreme burn-in. I can go on and in, but what’s the point?

0 Likes
freggel
Apprentice
Options

Turning off ARC in the Yamaha HDMI options was the solution for me. leave the other options like HDMI control as they are.

0 Likes