Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI-CEC issue on NU7100 + Yamaha RX845

(Topic created on: 09-10-2020 04:35 PM)
iAbadia
Student
Options

Hi, I'm posting here for the record and try to figure out if something can be done about this. I've seen in other forums that other people have the same issue with newer Samsung TV models and other Yamaha AVRs. Here's the issue:

When connecting the AVR via HDMI ARC to control the volume/mute/standy with the TV's remote, I can make both power off but not on. The AVR turns off when I turn off the TV but it doesn't turn it back on when I turn on the TV.

BUT THERE IS A CATCH

At first I thought it was randomly working on and off but I noticed the following. This only happens if the last thing to run on the TV when it was powered off was the AVRs HDMI (ARC) input. If the last app to run was either the TV app, settings or any of the installed apps, the AVR boots up with the TV.

The fact that this is so deterministic, I've tried it a million times with all apps and it's consistent, makes me believe this can be fixed via firmware on the Samsung TV.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
iAbadia
Student
Options

Updating on this:

The AVR turns on with the TV when, at TV booting it's the TV app that loads. If at booting the TV loads an app or the HDMI input, it won't turn on.

0 Likes