Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI Black level

(Topic created on: 30-01-2022 10:03 AM)
Bert
First Poster
Options

When using build in apps. Like apple tv+/Netflix and more The settings HDMI Black level is set to low.

I need it to be set to normal.

If I use my apple tv as source HDMI levev is set to Auto. Same here, I need to set it to normal.

I can't change the HDMI settings as it is grated out. Anyone know how to set the HDMI black level?

I have an Samsung QN85a modell 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Get the Best Picture on Your QLED and UHD TV

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082465/
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Bert: The HDMI Black Level settings are only available for external devices connected to the TV via HDMI. To adjust the picture to your preference while using applications, please head to Settings > Picture > Expert Settings. 

Marty1111
First Poster
Options

@AndrewL wrote:

The HDMI Black Level settings are only available for external devices connected to the TV via HDMI. To adjust the picture to your preference while using applications, please head to Settings > Picture > Expert Settings. 

I have a laptop connected over HDMI. The blacks don't look black, but dark grey. (The blacks of the on-screen settings menu looks more black, than the blacks on my PC windows. It's Linux and uses an RGB 4:4:4 color encoding))

I want to adjust my the Black level on my Samsung XL2370HD screen as you described, but the option "Black Tone" is greyed out (see pictures).

How can I make the blacks look really black on my Samsung screen?

Pictures:

The laptop is connected over HDMI, so is an external device to the screen:

DSCN7852.JPG

 The option to modify Black Tone is greyed out:

DSCN7851.JPG

0 Likes
sterrebos39
First Poster
Options

What the f does that even mean.. external devices. I cant acces hdmi blacklevel on the samsung s95b. ps5  Its p*ssing me of.  I,m close to sending it back. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@sterrebos39: Apologies for the confusion. HDMI Black Level can only be accessed when a device is connected to your TV via HDMI cable, and you are accessing the source that the device is connected to e.g. HDMI1. In this instance, please head to Settings > All Settings > Connection > External Device Manager > HDMI Black Level. 

0 Likes