Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI 2.1 port in QE65Q80T stopped working

(Topic created on: 06-12-2020 09:37 AM)
APoL0
First Poster
Options

I have that model of TV connected from a computer to the HDMI 2.1 port (HDMI IN 4) of the TV and until yesterday it worked without problems, but I disconnected the cable, I reconnected it and it stopped recognizing the PC. The cable is also 2.1 although I do not have a graphics card with 2.1 output, so for all intents and purposes it works as a 2.0, even so it worked as 2.0 connected to the HDMI 2.1 port (HDMI IN 4) of the TV. Until yesterday. It is not a problem of the cable because connected to the other 3 HDMI ports of the TV (which are 2.0) it works without problems. I also tried another HDMI cable (this time a 2.0) and it works on all HDMI ports on the TV except HDMI 2.1 (HDMI IN 4).

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
HPJr
Explorer
Options
hi have you checked if the port jn the PC is hdmi 2.1
0 Likes
APoL0
First Poster
Options

Hi, as I said my graphics card does not have an HDMI 2.1 output, but until yesterday it worked fine (although working as 2.0) connected to the HDMI 2.1 port (HDMI IN 4) on the TV.

I want to make sure that the HDMI 2.1 port on the TV works well for when I decide to buy a graphics card with HDMI 2.1 output.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Does the PC see the TV? ie have you checked device manager on your PC?
0 Likes
APoL0
First Poster
Options

Yes it does:

Screenshot 2020-12-07 051745.png

0 Likes