Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDD Recordings Not Playing

(Topic created on: 07-05-2021 09:16 PM)
Tudes24
Pioneer
Options
Can I start by saying I am now at the point where I regret buying a Samsung TV.

You can see my other posts for other reported problems that all still occur.

Well now I've a new one. 
I'm trying to play back a recording made on my external HDD and it's not playing.

It tries, I might even see some video (that I don't think is the actual video that I am playing) but the fails and returns to the recordings list page.

Has anyone else any experience of this feature?

Thanks.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Tudes24 ,

would you be able to provide us with the TV model so I can have a look at this with you? Have you been able to use that HDD before?

0 Likes
Tudes24
Pioneer
Options
I have a Samsung QE43Q60RATXXU

After a couple of on and offs I could play the recordings earlier but I'm now recording a programme that I'm also watching and am unable to rewind at all. When I change channel and go into my recordings menu I can play all other recordings but am unable to play the current recording in progress. The message This Content Is No Longer Available Due To Copyright Issues is displayed and it returns to the menu.

Yes I've been using the HDD for 6months or more.
0 Likes
Tudes24
Pioneer
Options
Update.....now the recording has finished it's not worked and won't play. The message is again This Content Is No Longer Available Due To Copyright Issues
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for all that info @Tudes24  I have found this similar thread that may help you: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/can-t-watch-recording-due-to-quot-copyright-issues-quot-and/t... 

0 Likes
Tudes24
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for trying to help. The "solution" in that thread is to reformat the HDD which of course loses all of the recordings. The OP in that thread had previously done this but still ended up with the same problem again so it's a temporary fix at best.
0 Likes
Tudes24
Pioneer
Options
Aaaahhhgggg......I hate this TV!! I've just tried to watch something on iplayer, 3 times unsuccessfully. Each time it bombs out to a blank screen. That could be the fault of the iplayer but having given up with the iplayer now I'm left with the blank screen. I've selected TV, tried to change channel, turned on and off....nothing....just blank screen. Why can't this TV just work reliably? I expect it will lose all of the channels again next.
0 Likes
Tudes24
Pioneer
Options
Update ...3rd on/off finally worked.
0 Likes