Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDCP Connection error UE43RU7100KXXU

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 06:31 PM)
Gaz Lear
Apprentice
Options

I am getting the HDCP connection error between the tv and sky q. I have changed all the cables and which inputs the devices go into.

I have spoken to the live chat who reset the tv and the HDMI ports which hasnt helped. I have asked Samsung for a repair under warranty but as it is 6 months out of date they are refusing. Currently to use my 18 month old TV I have to spend 15 minutes switching the tv on and off to get it to work, then when the picture comes on sometimes there is no sound

Sky have replaced the box twice in the last 2 weeks so I know its not the box and is the tv

Does anyone have any contacts at Samsung that will be able to help?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can you connect anything else such as a laptop to the TV? Do you have another TV to connect to the Sky Q box? All of the decoding should be done by the Sky Q box. If other devices work on the TV its definitely a Sky problem.
0 Likes
Gaz Lear
Apprentice
Options

Hi i agree but Sky have changed the box twice, every other tv in the house works with the Sky box its only the main TV that has this problem. The only way to get the tv to work is to keep switching the tv on and off until it boots with the samsung logo then it works perfectly

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks. For clarity are you saying you have connected another TV directly to the Sky box? Can you test connecting a PC or Bluray player to the TV. It sounds like you have Sky multiroom so you could try a minibox connected to the TV?
0 Likes
Gaz Lear
Apprentice
Options

The mini box works it’s just the 2tb UHD box that doesn’t work. After using the contact the CEO section of the Samsung website they have been in touch and offered me a resolution which is above and beyond what I expected 

Thanks for your help 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Gaz Lear    As long as you have an acceptable solution, that is good to hear.  I had the  HDCP connection issue  a few months ago on TV  with a Skyq 2TB UHD  Box but changing the HDMI  cable seems to have sorted it.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Gaz Lear
Apprentice
Options

Although the TV was 6 months out of warranty and the usual customer service channels refused to help the CEO's office intervened and the TV has been repaired free of charge

0 Likes