Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD not supported

(Topic created on: 26-03-2022 03:26 PM)
Basukas
Apprentice
Options

Hi, i have a problem with old tv. All channels are working great, sound too, but i can't see a view of channel in DTV source. In TV source auto channels setup can't find any channels... Any ideas?

received_696674435113821.jpeg

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
You will still need to use an antenna to receive DTV signal

Scan for channels from an antenna or cable box on your Samsung TV

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062206/
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Basukas  Have you scanned and not able to receive HD channels with aerial connected?  It would help to know the model of the Tv,however do you have the latest frmware?   Nonetheless you could disconnect from mains for around 5 minutes and/or  try a Factory Reset before scanning again.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Basukas
Apprentice
Options

I use antenna to search for channels, when i switch to tv source, screen turn to grey. In dtv source screen turn to black with this error, but sound and channels are working.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Basukas Are just accessing via Channel Up and Down rather than a Menu,  how many channels approximately do you have?  could still take the steps that have been suggested,how long have you had this Tv?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Basukas
Apprentice
Options

Samsung LE32A336J1D

I don't need a hd channels, i just want to see a view of any channel. I bought this tv today from other people who used it. I call him, he say i don't know what that is, he say something about hdmi cable. Channels are about ~20

Maybe that text "HD NOT SUPPORTED" means something about pixel size?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Basukas ok, thanks.  HD not supported would refer to High Definition , this is a 2008 model. There should be around 70 standard definition HD channels and 15 HD so an issue there.  see information here https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/increase-number-of-channels  HDMI  connections are for external devices such as Set Top Boxes, DVD,  Game Consoles. 

From manual can update firmware by following these steps:

English - 9
Upgrading the Software

to keep your product up-to-date with new Digital television

features then software upgrades are periodically broadcast as

part of the normal television signal.

It will automatically detect these signals and display the

software upgrade banner. You are given the option to install the

upgrade.

Press the MENU button to display the menu.
Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Digital Menu", then press the

ENtER
button.
Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Setup", then press the
ENtER
button.
Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "System", then press the
ENtER
button.
Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Software Upgrade",
then press the
ENtER button.
Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select “Software Information”,
“Manual Upgrade” or “Standby Mode upgrade”.

Press the
ENtER button.
Software Information
Press the
ENtER button, then the current software version is shown. To display the software
version information, press the
ENtER button again.
To switch to an alternative version, press the red button.

Press the blue button to reset, activate the upgrade and restart.

Manual Upgrade
Press the
ENtER button to search for new software from the currently broadcasting channels.
Standby Mode Upgrade: On / Off
Press the
ENtER button. To continue software upgrade with master power on, Select On
by pressing the ▲ or ▼ button. 45 minutes after entering standby mode, a manual upgrade is

automatically conducted. Since the power of the unit is turned on internally, the screen may be on

slightly for the LCD product. This phenomenon may continue for more than 1 hour until the software

upgrade is completed.

Press the EXIt button to exit.

To reset to Factory Defaults:

Resetting
You can reset the values stored to the factory default values.
The Reset operation deletes all channel information and
user preferences returning all values to their default factory
state.
1. Press the MENU button to display the menu.
Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Digital Menu", then press the
ENtER button.
. Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Setup", then press the
ENtER button.
. Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "System", then press
the ENtER button.
. Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Reset", then press the
ENtER button.
. The "Enter PIN" screen will appear.
. Enter your current 4-digit PIN code by using the numeric
buttons (0~9).
The warning message is displayed. All values will be reset
by pressing the coloured buttons (red, green, yellow, and
blue) in turn.
. Press the EXIt button to exit

Link to manual :https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201601/20160106085126725/BN68-01517A-00L08-0410.pdf 

Could scan again after Firmware upgrade/factory reset if manage that.

However think bit of a risk buying a TV this old 2nd hand and even if working of a sort just now will have limited lifespan.

0 Likes
Nadee
First Poster
Options

Did you make your tv? I have the same issue!!!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Nadee, no I do not make products. If using Samsung Members will not be able to see signature. However I have been given Samsung Maker status as I provide or make valuable contributions and solutions. However I am independent and do not have a connection with the company.

Have you tried any of the suggestions above,which model are you using? Anyway check you have the latest  firmware, disconnect Tv from mains for 5 minutes and then try the scan again.  You could also try manual scan. An idea also is to disconnect aerial, no channels will be found but it can reset the connection. Afterwards try again, some customers have found this fixed the issue. 

See Freeview Troubleshooting: https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/reception-picture-and-channels-troubleshooting-guide 

0 Likes
DimitrisNan
First Poster
Options

Hello I have the same samsung tv with you and the same problem "hd not supported"  can someone help me. I have scanned for channels the soumd is working but i cant see a view of the channel, i dont care if its not hd i just want to watch tv

16620255540533840930294051453879.jpg

0 Likes