Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD Channels lost

(Topic created on: 22-07-2022 04:16 PM)
AGibbo
First Poster
Options

Hi all,  I'm pulling my hair out with my UE50TU8000 2020 model TV.

All has been fine for the last 2 years however recently I lost all the HD channels.  I know the signal is there as another TV is T'ed  off the same port.  Auto scan did not recover these so when the TV prompted me to delete the channels I did, assuming a rescan would recover.  It has not.

So far I've tried Auto scan, Manual scan (for channel 35, freq 586000KHz, bandwidth 8MHz), a import of channel list from an older model, and even a full reset, but had no luck.

Can anyone help or am I destined to only view SD?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AGibbo Do you have the latest firmware  2303.1 which was released this month https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE50TU8000KXXU/ 

If have it already or does not sort it you  could try  switching off Tv/connections for around a minute and retuning. Some  customers have also found that removing aerial and scanning(obviously no channels will be found) before connecting it again solves the issue, it should clear the cache.    You could check this guide here  https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/reception-picture-and-channels-troubleshooting-guide 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
AGibbo
First Poster
Options

Thanks James for the prompt reply.  I've attempted the power down and uploaded the firmware but still no HD channels, even after a rescan.  Thankfully it's still under warranty so back to the retailer I go  

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@AGibbo No problem, sorry this did not provide a resolution Positive you still have warranty though.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes