Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard drive issues no content found

(Topic created on: 27-07-2020 08:57 PM)
Craigwright
Student
Options

Hi all,

I have had my Samsung TV 75inch 4K  UE75NU7100 for roughly 12 months and have had no problems plugging my Seagate HDD into the USB slot and watching movies and other files. Until recently it has started coming up 'no content found'. It works on other TV's and is fine on my computer. It also powers up the hard drive and comes up with the option in the source menu so I don't think it's a power issue. Have tried both USB slots and have different hard drives one with its on power adapter. I have reformatted the drives a few times. Swapped files between hard drives and done the usual update on the TV software and electrical reset as well.

Any help would be great

Thanks 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Phomza
Journeyman
Options

Hi Craig.

1. Copy small video file onto USB (not hard) drive and see if the TV plays it.

2. If the TV plays it then...

3. It means the Seagate has too many files and the TV memory is not sufficient to read any new files (it can still play older videos right?)

4. Therefore delete or move to you PC any files you are not interested in viewing on your TV to create space for new videos you want to watch...

5. New videos should now reflect. Had Same issue and now works fine

0 Likes
Alesperezc
First Poster
Options

I tried multiple fixes and nothing worked until I did a factory reset and that did the trick

0 Likes
Craigwright
Student
Options
hey guys done l the above and I have even upgraded my TV to another Samsung model and its the same thing.
from what I gather its something to do with Samsung themselves with their updates and has happened to everyone.
Samsung needs to read these forum pages to understand their customers needs and issues as this is ridiculous and been happening for a few years now to everyone
DHopkinsUser7
First Poster
Options

2023 and the fundamental issue is still not addressed by Samsung. 

0 Likes