Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Disk Drive is shown as VLI Product String

(Topic created on: 29-07-2021 04:04 PM)
tonirlane
First Poster
Options

I have a UE65KS9000, with a 300gig hard drive used for recordings. The HDD has been perfect for the ... The HDD’s work fine when unplugged and connected to my PC and shows all the recording files that I made.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Does anyone else have a solution?

Kind regards Toni

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm inclined to say it's the drive. I would test it thoroughly. There are various tools on the net to do this. You could try another drive in the TV to see if you get the same error.
0 Likes
tonirlane
First Poster
Options

Many thanks for your quick reply.

I have checked the drive with windows10 cmd prompt chkdsk/c and it returned no errors. I will look on line for any other apps that may be better. I will also probably buy another hdd  just to be sure, but I have tried the hdd from my bedroom samsung tv and that wouldn't work either. So, I think it may be the tv itself or the attached smart hub. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Those Windows tools will only check the file system. Have a look for hard drive diagnostic tools for the specific drive manufacturer. It may be worth resetting the TV.
0 Likes
tonirlane
First Poster
Options

Thanks again. 

Tried 2 different progs from the web, both checked the drive as 100% ok. The drive works faultlessly with my PC. Yet plug it into the TV and still get the VLI Product String message. Makes me wonder whether it could be the HDD caddy thats throwing a wobbler. Just purchased a different drive and caddy and will try that when it arrives. In the meantime I will reset the TV (which I have had to do every couple of months ever since the TV was new when it just stops recording programmes set to record and also set to view, pretty common fault with this type of set I believe). I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks again

Toni

0 Likes