Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half Screen Faded to black

(Topic created on: 08-03-2021 03:13 AM)
Saddaddy21
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I bought a "Samsung Odyssey G5 27" LED Curved WQHD FreeSync Monitor with HDR" about 1 week ago. Today, after I put my computer on sleep mode and turned it back on and It was on a half working and half faded dark screen. Currently, I'm using a display cable. So, I have to test it with an HDMI cable with an LG monitor to see whether it was because of my Samsung monitor or my CPU. Well, it was the Samsung Odyssey G5 issue.  After that, I re-plugged my Display cable to my Samsung Odyssey G5 and CPU. It got fixed and came out normal. Do you think this issue will happen again because I saw so many people have this issue with the Samsung monitor? I'm worrying if that happens again in the future when I'm running out of warranty and I have nothing to cover.

2 REPLIES 2
Kimbaduds
Student
Options

Hi

I received my monitor yesterday, it happened to me when I connected my laptop to my monitor. The left side of the screen is super dark, and the right side is okay. Turning it on and off seem to fix the problem at least for me, I'm testing it further and I tried to replicate the issue but it hasn't happened again.

0 Likes
Fotis Tsakiroglou
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with a 49 ultra-wide monitor. I bought it last week and it happened a few times already.
Support is trying to avoid replacement which is very disappointing for Samsung.