Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grey vertical bands at edges of screen UE55ES7000

(Topic created on: 15-10-2022 05:02 PM)
itm60
First Poster
Options

I have a 10-year old UE55ES7000. Today I noticed that there are grey vertical bars at both right and left edges of the screen, about 3-4cm wide. It's most noticeable when watching sport, as the bars are very visible against a green background. Images are attached.

The problem is with both RF and HDMI sources. I've tried:

- disconnecting the power cable for 30 seconds

- running a Picture Test

- reset of the TV.

Is this sort of problem usually cost-effective to repair?

TV problem5-medium.jpgTV problem1-medium.jpgTV problem2-medium.jpgTV problem3-medium.jpgTV problem4-medium.jpg

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Does the banding appear when running the Picture Test, @itm60?

0 Likes
itm60
First Poster
Options

Yes it's visible in the Picture Test

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

When carrying out the reset of the TV, did you run a full reset, (Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset), where you had to set the TV up again from scratch?

0 Likes
itm60
First Poster
Options

Yes I did a full reset (and needed to retune, reconnect to network, reset PIN, etc)

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for confirming what you've tried so far, @itm60. As your TV is out of warranty, you could look at a chargeable repair and can arrange this via the link below:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

This self-service repair portal also has a range of other steps you can try.

Should a repair be needed, we have no way of determining how much this would cost, as a quote would be provided after the engineer has performed a full inspection of your TV. At that stage, you would be able to decide whether you'd like to proceed.

Please let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I had a Hisense that had lighter sides , they said it was back light bleed , tbh if you've tried everything and Samsung want to charge I'd just buy a newer tv , I bought a 2021 tv at a good price 

0 Likes
itm60
First Poster
Options

Yes I spoke to Samsung support yesterday and they said it would require an engineer's visit so ££££.

Shame to trash a £2k TV after less than 10 years but it looks like a new TV is the most likely outcome.

0 Likes