Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google assistant

(Topic created on: 02-05-2022 03:07 PM)
Catherine 122
First Poster
Options

We have just bought a SAMSUNG - UE32T4300AKXXU 32" Smart HD Ready HDR LED TV from Currys, in the description it says it has google assistant. However when we have set it up i have noticed the remote doesnt have a microphone button on it. And after googling it says to go into settings and select voice however that option is not in the settings. I have an upset daughter as i told her it had google assistant. Please help, thanks. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
You need a Samsung Smart Control for the voice commands which appears not to be included with your TV model. It says N/A on the Samsung website
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
However you may be able to buy one separately or use your mobile instead to voice control the TV
0 Likes
Catherine 122
First Poster
Options

How do i use my mibile for this? Is there an app i need to download. Thanks

0 Likes
Kahungu K
Apprentice
Options

Samsung's website for my TV, AU8000, says it supports Google Assistant but the screen only has Bixby. No option to change to assistant. Any ideas? I've updated it to the latest version, 2001, but no luck. Attached is the screenshot from my country's version of Samsung's site. 

Screenshot_20220630-135253_Chrome.jpg

SlowSamsuck
Journeyman
Options

Only supportes in some lucky countries. Samsung promised an update to enable Google assistant in Q3 2020,no update yet... 

0 Likes
Kahungu K
Apprentice
Options

Disappointing to say the least in that case. Mine's a 2021 screen and doesn't even have that option. Wouldn't this pass as false advertising then? 😂🤦🏾‍♀️