Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Google Assistant on 2020 Q80t

(Topic created on: 23-01-2021 12:40 PM)
BigSteef
Apprentice
Options

Hi

i got my TV yesterday and given its now Q4, expected my new tv to have the Google Assistant.

As instructed here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00087603/

i tried to update the firmware over the air - no update available. I have now updated with USB to version: 01402.2020-09-29 (1402.6) and still only Alexa and Bixby.

I see lots of forum posts on the US forums that they have Google Assistant - is this a UK thing?

any assistance is appreciated.

thanks 

35 REPLIES 35
LMulvey
Student
Options

If it helps, I spoke with Samsung support on Friday and they claim that this will be fixed in an upcoming update slated for late December. So, I guess we'll see.

BobbyDee647
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for posting the updates. I’ve tried harassing their Twitter account on multiple occasions and no response back. Glad another Canadian had the same issue and a solution is in the works for end of 2020.

0 Likes
Yorken2
Student
Options

Just found out if you reset your country to US, then the google Assistant is available in the smart hub. This can be done by reseting the smarthub in the setting. But be careful your local apps would not be available once you do this. 

Support/device care/self diagnosis/reset smart hub 

• Once you reach the ‘Terms and Conditions’ page, enter the following sequence on your remote control:
    • mute -> volume up -> channel up -> mute
  • In case you’re using the Samsung One Remote, enter the following sequence instead
    • VOL -> VOL Up -> Channel Up -> VOL
  • You can now change your Samsung TV Tizen OS region to any country you like.

0 Likes
BobbyDee647
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. I wonder if changing regions has any other unintended negative consequences but I doubt there would be any. I’ll wait til Jan 1 and see if any changes.

0 Likes
BobbyDee647
Apprentice
Options

It’s arrived in Canada. No firmware update required. Pic below. I’ve been checking obsessively for months now so it must have rolled out in the last 24 hrs.

7AD45273-8EEC-4011-AB56-5C3CD97F25D9.jpeg

0 Likes
MMurran
Apprentice
Options

Still having no luck in Ireland and I am at my wits end with Samsung Support. No I don't want to control my TV through the Google Home app, yes I have reset the TV/Smart Hub 7 times and munaully updated to the latest software via USB. Considering sending my TV back..

Mark C
First Poster
Options

Still not available in Ireland despite being advertised with Google Assistant integration

0 Likes
richard10
First Poster
Options

Hey Marc C and MMurran - Have ye had any luck with this in Ireland? I am running into the same issue...

0 Likes
MMurran
Apprentice
Options

No. Never fixed the issue so I returned my TV.

Hope you get sorted!

Mark

0 Likes
Mark C1
First Poster
Options

No google assistant still isn't on the tv.

0 Likes