Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Getting CBS All Access

(Topic created on: 15-09-2019 12:16 AM)
Woodsmoke
First Poster
Options

I have a SAMSUNG 32" Series 5 flat screen TV, purchased in 2016. When I signed up for CBS All Access and couldn't pull it up on my Smart TV apps, I found out that the CBS All Access app is not available on mine because it doesn't have a Tizen operating system. Can anybody tell me whether or not I can receive CBS All Access streaming with the addition of  an Amazon Fire Stick? In other words, would a fire stick bypass the Tizen OS and give me the CBS All Access app?

Woodsmoke

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ditikos
Explorer
Options

Yes, you can use the firestick independently. That is the purpose of such hardware. It's the same as having an xbox or a playstation connected to your tv to see blue rays. You use the hardware of the xbox/ps not tv's.

Of course, CBS all access must be supported by firestick first :smiling-face:

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
ditikos
Explorer
Options
If you use a firestick, then it will be used from HDMI, so it is a separate device to work with, thus not identifying tizen, only the os installed in firestick.
Woodsmoke
First Poster
Options

So... let me say this another way so that I'm sure I'm understanding you correctly. You're saying that I can receive CBS All Access on my TV through the fire stick because it works independently of the older OS that's in my Samsung TV?

Woodsmoke

0 Likes
Solution
ditikos
Explorer
Options

Yes, you can use the firestick independently. That is the purpose of such hardware. It's the same as having an xbox or a playstation connected to your tv to see blue rays. You use the hardware of the xbox/ps not tv's.

Of course, CBS all access must be supported by firestick first :smiling-face:

Woodsmoke
First Poster
Options
Ok, that makes sense.

Thanks!
0 Likes