Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen 2 panel S90c query

(Topic created on: 01-05-2024 09:46 AM)
LawlessZero
Explorer
Options

Purchased a 55” S90C from Samsung direct and found this was using a gen 1 2022 QD OLED panel. I was surprised that this did not come with the gen 2 2023 panel. 

I have sent back for exchange but wondered if anyone had a similar issue experience or if any Samsung reps reading these boards wanted to comment if I should expect a gen 2 or if this is standard practice?

thank you

24 REPLIES 24
LawlessZero
Explorer
Options

Typo :winking-face:

0 Likes
Evanzian
Journeyman
Options
When you say calibration, do you mean you had it professionally calibrated, or are you talking about the settings provided by some of the people on there?
0 Likes
LawlessZero
Explorer
Options

I used my iPhone 14 Pro for a customer movie mode white balance calibration and then used the setting for SDR HDR movie mode and game modes from avs in the thread for calibration of S90C. Made a few small tweaks for preference but very happy with these. 

0 Likes
Simon T
First Poster
Options

What calibration  do you use with your PS5 ???

0 Likes
LawlessZero
Explorer
Options

Hi,

A full expert settings profile for hdr/sdr with calibrated white balance. Pending your panel ana peak values will determine brightness and contrast and gamma offset. 
ensure you have all energy saving options off. 
internet search for forums will locate other users suggested inputs. Being honest, I don’t really have the appetite to post all individual colour settings and suchlike. 

0 Likes