Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

gamma issue with Samsung MU6400

(Topic created on: 08-11-2017 11:20 AM)
daneturner
First Poster
Options

Hi.
I have an issue, that I'm trying to speak to Samsung about, but they're not quite understanding.

4K content thats displayed via the TV itself (Netflix/Amazon etc) is great. No issues.

The problem seems to be the stuff I'm feeding it via either Apple TV or my UBD9500 4k UHD Blu-Ray player.

On some 4k sources that i feed the TV (such as Apple TV 4k, and some 4K disks such as Planet earth 2) the TV defaults to BT.1886 and to my eye, that looks fine, with a few tweaks here and there.

However, other 4K disks (Fantastic Beasts, Harry potter, Close Encounters, Blade Runner etc) all force the TV to default to ST.2084 and the gamma looks all wrong. people's faces lose detail and are too bright, and there's no way of changing it (seemingly)

Can anyone suggest what might be happening and if theres a way to change it?

I should add that i bought pretty expensive HDMI2 cables to be sure the data transfer was solid!

Thanks for any help.

Go to solution
10 REPLIES 10
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Ethan8 ,   Yes Tv's are always being upgraded, though enhancements will vary from year to year.   Just need to consider when is the best time to buy one and would want to have some future proofing in the ones you do buy.    For yourself I would imagine may be a fairly good time either this year or next, though you may get better deals at this time in the season.    Samsung do not currently  support Dolby vision but HDR10+ Trustedreviews.com/news/what-is-hdr10 + 

If wishing to purchase  fairly soonthere are a few good options out there, but best to do a bit of research yourself.  I would have a look at the Q70T,Q80T,Q85T in particular. Q90T a bit pricier if wanting to stick to a 65 inch set.

Reviews here but will be more in other sites trustedreviews.com/best/best-samsung-tv 

Could look at various models at Samsung/ Richer sounds for instance  if wanted to look at others:

https://www.richersounds.com/tv 

samsung.com/uk/tvs/qled-tv/highlights 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes