Support

Open search

Gaming consoles not showing up on screen

Highlighted
First Poster

I have a series 8 Samsung tv. When I turn on either of my gaming consoles (PS4 and Nintendo Switch), the TV recognizes them but the screen is just black. I have to physically unplug the HDMI cable from the TV and plug it back in then it will show up on the screen. I tried the setup feature again but still the same problem. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Poster

Same issue...would like a fix or should I return this tv???

Highlighted
Observer
Similar issue and no help from samsung despite phone calls, emails live chat & twitter. im getting a flickering black screen which had been the case since i bought it in January. after trying different settings & buying high quality hdmi cables(no improvement & not cheap) i contacted samsung in February. i did think after the latest update that it had been sorted coz for a couple of weeks theres no problems but then the issue is back. had text messages saying theyve called when they haven't & a message on here to say they know its frustrating but wait until they contact me. When i contact them they say tech are busy & they send the troubleshoot info & they'll be in touch. Aftercare service is as bad as the tv!!
Top Liked Authors