Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GameMode not working with HDMI 2.1 (RTX 3090),Samsung 2020 QLED [1402] Update !!!!!!

(Topic created on: 30-09-2020 11:05 PM)
RouDeR
Pathfinder
Options

Background:
TV is 75 inch Q800T (EU version), but I assume this will affect all of the 2020 Samsung TVs
Software is version 1402.6 (updated Octomber 8th)
HDMI Cable 2.1 certified full 48gbps
The same HDMI cable works just fine with HDMI 2.0 GPUs like my old GTX 1080Ti (Game Mode works flawlessly there)
Current GPU:  RTX 3090 with latest Nvidia drivers

What is working as intended when using the HDMI 2.1 port and RTX 3090 as a source::
* Outside of game mode I don't have any problems, I can run at 4k@120hz RGB 10 bit or 8k@60hz 4:2:0 10 bit without any problems.

What does NOT work when using the HDMI 2.1 port and RTX 3090 as a source:
* If you turn on Game Mode, the TV picture goes BLACK and it looses signal
This happens disregarding on what resolution and refreshrate you are playing, I`ve tried the following:
- 1440p@60hz Input Signal Plus ON
- 1440p@60hz Input Signal Plus OFF
- 1440p@120hz Input Signal Plus ON
- 4k@60hz Input Signal Plus ON
- 4k@60hz Input Signal Plus OFF
- 4k@120hz Input Signal Plus ON

- 8k@60hz Input Signal Plus ON
NONE of them was able to switch to Game Mode !!!

However
If the RTX 3090 is connected to one of the HDMI 2.0 ports of the TV, Game Mode is perfectly functional, but then you are restricted to 4k60hz and 8k@30hz

SUMMARY:

Spoiler
Game Mode does not work AT ALL on the HDMI 2.1 port when HDMI 2.1 source is Attached.

60 REPLIES 60
Chast
Explorer
Options

yes you are wrong.

nvidia support 3 vrr:

1) gsync native (classic gsync with hardware module) over displayport

2) vesa adaptive sync (freesync-gsync compatible) over displayport

3) hdmi-vrr (gsync compatible) over hdmi 2.0 and 2.1

0 Likes
jdk2087
Pioneer
Options

Yea, Q series with 2.1 support it. But, we don’t have it currently. Only freesync premium. 

0 Likes
Chast
Explorer
Options

this is a different problem lol 

dimming bug is the bug where local dimming drop after minutes

rouder said he can't use game mode with hdmi 2.1, because screen goes black

0 Likes
Chast
Explorer
Options

"we don't have it currently" lol what, this is not true. 

0 Likes
jdk2087
Pioneer
Options

Samsung regarding the Q series has not officially stated nor added g-sync to these TVs. Yes, it can support it and it may work. But, it has not officially been announced by Samsung nor do they advertise it. Do you understand now? 

0 Likes
jdk2087
Pioneer
Options

Probably because he’s on old firmware. The update yesterday fixed the dimming bug and HDMI 2.1 issues. Did you read the first page or just came to this one and started bitching? 

0 Likes
Chast
Explorer
Options

no, you don't understand. 

hdmi-vrr it does not concern samsung, it is a function that passes through the hdmi cable.

stop post if you don't know what you are talking about.

0 Likes
Chast
Explorer
Options

fix hdmi 2.1? please, share firmware changelog

0 Likes
jdk2087
Pioneer
Options

Yes, and I said it might actually work right now regardless of being supported or not. I don’t think you understand that I’m not saying it doesn’t work on the TV. I’m saying Samsung has never officially released it on their TVs nor do they advertise it. Comprende? 

0 Likes
jdk2087
Pioneer
Options

My dude. The number one page on this sub. Look at pages 85-90. It details the new firmware update, the notes, and someone even uploaded it to google drive if you can’t find it. 

0 Likes