Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game mode off/on black screen PS5

(Topic created on: 17-05-2023 07:34 AM)
Rogeey
Journeyman
Options

Purchased a Samsung Q90T 75” specifically for gaming. At random intervals the tv randomly flickers black and turns game mode off then on. I’ve tried a whole host of setting changes to see if I can work around the issue but no luck so far. HDMI 2.1 cable is brand new so this is not to blame. This appears to be a software fault dating back to 2019 so why is it not fixed? Any help appreciated. Technician is booked to try ‘repair’ this fault, but failing that il be returning for a refund and jump ship to the LG CX

93 REPLIES 93
D1m3b4g
First Poster
Options

"In external device settings, you can change gamemode setting from "auto" to "on", meaning that gamemode will be always on for the PS5."

Apart from when the TV decides to re-detect what is in the input for absolutely no reason and constantly turns game mode off even when I've set it to on 50+ times. That and now after a firmware update the TV menu CONSTANTLY shows some sort of weird home bar down the bottom after I've done literally anything and I have no way of disabling it.

The firmware / behaviour on my Q95t is painful, I'm going LG next time I buy a TV and I've had 4 Samsungs in a row.

0 Likes
SigniAL
First Poster
Options

This is insanely bad!! I have ps5, qn90a with Anthem mrx740 and this also got the random black screen when ever I try to do something in any game or randomly when playing. Thought it was my anthem was bad or cables.. drove me crazy. 
Turned off game mode and everything worked well. 

Samsung better fix this problem since I bought this tv for gaming… joke 

0 Likes
BigZia
Journeyman
Options

Samsung is not going to fix this. If they wanted to then they would have 2 years ago. I’ve just decided to play my games without the game mode turned on. Won’t be buying any more Samsung tvs in the future. 

0 Likes
Msalib
First Poster
Options

I worked out the solution. I used a high end 8k HDMI and it solved the issue

0 Likes
danman08
First Poster
Options
I turned HDR off on the ps5 and now dose not flicker between a black screen. Also port 4 was stable compared to the other ports. I still need to mess around with 120 hz and vrr settings and see if that also causes the problem.
0 Likes
SwellyMcSweggin
First Poster
Options

VRR and ALLM definitely bring up issues for these tvs it confuses the tv making it jump in and out of game mode even if you have it set to always on in the settings of the tv this does only seem to effect certain games or scenes in them and turning off VRR completely should stop this if turning off apply to unsupported games doesn’t fix it 

0 Likes
Gittes
First Poster
Options
3 years later, just got a New Samsung and thus is still happening!!!!
GregoryTV
Apprentice
Options

I returned the Samsung and got an LG. It worked immediately and I game all the time. Using a 3090. Samsung TV’s look great and I love them, but they aren’t compatible with high end gaming PCs and LG’s are. Period. 

0 Likes
farhad0511
Student
Options

i purchased 65Q83B about 2 days ago and by now, I'm completely disappointed. have sound distortion in low frequencies even when volume is down to 15! and screen goes black in middle of gaming!

checked everything and my previous TV had no issues in the same exact situation. It's not a cheap TV, i bought it for good sound and picture and both have problems.

DEAR SAMSUNG what are you doing? making loyal fans disappointed is not a good strategy

0 Likes
miguelfcp
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone!

I have a Q80BATXXC and I have the exact same problem. Before I had a Q80T (was replaced with Q80BA because of warranty problems) and never had the issue (only flickering).

I even created a topic here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/q80batxxc-screen-cutting-on-4k-120hz-vrr/td-p/7531688

I've contacted the samsung support and they couldn't do anything about it. Just minor troubleshooting (resetting the tv, etc) and nothing worked as expected. Tried another HDMI cable and port and no success. On Xbox Series S never had the issue.

I'm going crazy with this and I don't know what more to do

0 Likes