Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game mode off/on black screen PS5

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 11:52 AM)
Rogeey
Journeyman
Options

Purchased a Samsung Q90T 75” specifically for gaming. At random intervals the tv randomly flickers black and turns game mode off then on. I’ve tried a whole host of setting changes to see if I can work around the issue but no luck so far. HDMI 2.1 cable is brand new so this is not to blame. This appears to be a software fault dating back to 2019 so why is it not fixed? Any help appreciated. Technician is booked to try ‘repair’ this fault, but failing that il be returning for a refund and jump ship to the LG CX

93 REPLIES 93
Msalib
First Poster
Options

Yes that will happen if you don’t have a  high quality HDMI cable. Go into jbhifi and speak to the guys in tv. Let them know you want a 4k HDMI cable and this will work

0 Likes
Msalib
First Poster
Options

Yes that will happen if you don’t have a  high quality HDMI cable. Go into jbhifi and speak to the guys in tv. Let them know you want a 4k HDMI cable and this will work

0 Likes
Jambomakaveli
First Poster
Options

After changing the 4K transfer rate on my PlayStation 5 to -2, it stopped immediately. I haven’t had a black screen now for around 6/7 weeks. 

I haven’t gotten around to buying a high quality hdmi cable, and reverting the transfer back to see if that would fix it. 

im a bit worried about what I’m losing by setting it to -2.

also on my Sky Q.... I have it set to 2160p..... and every few days the screen becomes garbled and I can’t see or hear a thing. I have to switch sky off and then back on, and when I do, it’s put itself back to 1080i.

I paid around £1000 for this tv, which for me is a crazy amount of money. 

to have it connected to 2 devices and neither of them work properly, it’s just disgraceful. 

ive promised myself I’ll never by another Samsung product ever again, and I’ll tell anyone who wants to listen to do the same. 

0 Likes
Msalib
First Poster
Options

The Samsung is honestly one of the top tv’s in the market slightly behind the LG CX. It’s just unfortunate that the PS5 and Samsung aren’t fully compatible just yet.

I spoke to Samsung today and they believe a software update is coming out by end of next month to resolve the issue we have all experienced 

0 Likes
Jambomakaveli
First Poster
Options

With regards to the update you mentioned....

I had heard about an update coming, but thought that was to address a different issue, 

one regarding 4K/HDR/120HZ

i wasn’t sure it was for this intermittent black screen problem a lot of people are having. 

hopefully it inadvertently fixes whatever the problem is. Guess we’ll see soon enough. 

0 Likes
Msalib
First Poster
Options

They believe this should fix the black screen issue so let’s wait and see

0 Likes
maczupiks
Explorer
Options

Hi all,

I have same problem but after changing the 4K transfer rate on my PlayStation 5 to -2, the problem still exist. Any other ideas except waiting for an update TV? 

0 Likes
Msalib
First Poster
Options

I would suggest upgrading your HDMI to a high end Belkin that supports 4K. Go to a store and ask them which one is best.

I used an older HDMI that I had and I was having issues so once I changed it and flicked between -1 and -2 I was able to resolve my issue

0 Likes
maczupiks
Explorer
Options

I am using the cable included with the PS5 console.
I don't think that's the cause.
I assume that this is the best cable I have at the moment.

0 Likes
rolrod
First Poster
Options

Does anyone have an update on this?

I have 75" 70Qt and have the same issue when play my PS5.

0 Likes