Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game mode off/on black screen PS5

(Topic created on: 08-12-2020 06:33 PM)
Rogeey
Journeyman
Options

Purchased a Samsung Q90T 75” specifically for gaming. At random intervals the tv randomly flickers black and turns game mode off then on. I’ve tried a whole host of setting changes to see if I can work around the issue but no luck so far. HDMI 2.1 cable is brand new so this is not to blame. This appears to be a software fault dating back to 2019 so why is it not fixed? Any help appreciated. Technician is booked to try ‘repair’ this fault, but failing that il be returning for a refund and jump ship to the LG CX

93 REPLIES 93
Jambomakaveli
First Poster
Options

Anyone getting this with the ps5?

driving me crazy. I have a Samsung KS7000, and basically on a normal session of warzone, I’m getting a black screen around 20 times or more. It goes off for around 3 seconds then back on. I also get sound drop outs. 

0 Likes
Rogeey
Journeyman
Options

Returned my tv as I didn’t want to be stuck with this issue! Got the LG CX OLED....no problems so far 😂

0 Likes
Jambomakaveli
First Poster
Options

Ahhhh if only I could afford an OLED! I’d love one. 

This ks7000 cost me £1000 when I got it a few years ago. 

me I get it’s slightly obsolete now, but I mean surely to Christ I shouldn’t have my game black screening 20 times during a call of duty session. And the sound drops as well. 

it’s a horrible predicament, and has really spoiled the ps5 launch for me!

0 Likes
Ajmarti82
Apprentice
Options

Is anyone from Samsung going to chime in here? It's the ***** TV clearly. Tested on 2 samsungs now one a series 7 and series 8. Both have issues. Mitsubishi 65 and 50 no issue. Xbox had a Visual option causing a similar issue on Cold war but was easily turned off and no more issue. Nothing about this issue seems to be with the console and only with samsung tv's 

0 Likes
Jambomakaveli
First Poster
Options

Just for clarification buddy, are you getting g what I describe?

gaming goes off for maybe  3-4 seconds, to a black screen, then returns again?

what console you on? What tv?

0 Likes
Rogeey
Journeyman
Options

In all honesty this shouldn’t be happening on any tv! I paid good money for Q90t which is Samsung’s flag ship 2020 tv, and had to return it as like you say it flashing black every few mins is ridiculous! The LG cost about £700 more in the end for the same size 75vs77” but I’d happily pay that difference to enjoy my gaming. Hope you sort your issue :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Rogeey
Journeyman
Options

I had to put it down to a software issue in the end, but I’ve seen people having the same issue dating back to 2018/19 so a bit confused why it’s not been patched for 2020 qleds? Hope you sort the issue anyway, but I can’t help with a fix as I returned my tv 

0 Likes
Ajmarti82
Apprentice
Options

Let me dig up the model numbers series 7 was purchased

IMG_1986.jpg

this year and series 8 2 years ago maybe. Yes playing spiderman on big scenes or battles it cuts out and than comes back on. 

0 Likes
Ajmarti82
Apprentice
Options

UN65TU8000FXZA

UN65TU7000FXZA

0 Likes
Rogeey
Journeyman
Options

Yes, it’s where the tv turns game mode off then on, screen is black for a few seconds. Even if you turn game mode from auto to on or off it still does it.

ps5 + q90t. But as mentioned above I’ve returned the tv 

0 Likes