Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game mode off/on black screen PS5

(Topic created on: 25-11-2020 07:56 AM)
Rogeey
Journeyman
Options

Purchased a Samsung Q90T 75” specifically for gaming. At random intervals the tv randomly flickers black and turns game mode off then on. I’ve tried a whole host of setting changes to see if I can work around the issue but no luck so far. HDMI 2.1 cable is brand new so this is not to blame. This appears to be a software fault dating back to 2019 so why is it not fixed? Any help appreciated. Technician is booked to try ‘repair’ this fault, but failing that il be returning for a refund and jump ship to the LG CX

93 REPLIES 93
Rogeey
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
Ajmarti82
Apprentice
Options

Same thing here! Does not happen with my series x either only the ps5. I thought turned sup game mode to always on would solve but now no message on screen just black then game comes back

0 Likes
Ajmarti82
Apprentice
Options

Seems to only be during the in game cut scenes and no where else which is odd

0 Likes
Rogeey
Journeyman
Options

I knew there would be others sharing my pain! It’s crazy that this is still going on. I’ve tried swapping HDMIs, resetting tv to factory default, neither of which helped. When game mode is set to ‘auto’ this error will happen 100% at some point in time for me. The worst I’ve had was 3x times in 10 mins

0 Likes
Rogeey
Journeyman
Options

I’ve had it on cut scenes and during actual gameplay of Spider-Man Miles Morales (only game I’ve played so far). Usually at the worst moment and ends up with me being killed 😂

Harmen0
Apprentice
Options

In external device settings, you can change gamemode setting from "auto" to "on", meaning that gamemode will be always on for the PS5. Hopefully that helps?

If you use this setting, it will only apply to your PS5 in a specific HDMI port (I assume you are using port 4 here).

0 Likes
Rogeey
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the idea, however as mentioned above when game mode is set to ‘on’ the screen flickers black for the same duration, but just doesn’t give a message of game mode off then on. So sadly this is just as bad

0 Likes
Bkenney
Student
Options

I would turn the game mode on permanently rather than have it be an auto detect. Happened with my ps4 pro occasionally until I fixed it. I also have the ps5. I havent had the issue yet.

0 Likes
Rogeey
Journeyman
Options

Yesterday I swapped my two HDMIS over (eARC and HDMI 4) and the ps5 did a firmware update. I don’t know which is more significant but I had my first day without the above error

0 Likes