Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fridge interrupts TV

(Topic created on: 30-01-2021 07:34 PM)
Plattypus_Rex
Student
Options

I have a 2019 43 inch Frame, roughly 8 months old, in the same room as I have a small beer fridge.

Whenever the Fridge clicks on or off, it interrupts the TV picture and caused it to go black for roughly 1-2 seconds.

Occasionally, it causes the TV to lose the source it's playing from (in this case, PC).

I usually have to unplug the fridge while in use. I have done some troubleshooting myself.

I initially suspected this to be a voltage drop as I had an older less efficient fridge, but the brand new, far more efficient fridge causes it to happen also. 

I also plugged it in in a different room from the same double gang socket next to my main LG TV and it did not cause the issue I have described. 

I then left the fridge plugged in downstairs and continued to use my Frame TV upstairs and it still occurs all the while the fridge is plugged in, even from a different room. 

I now suspect this to be some sort of EM interference rather than voltage drop. My electrician also has a frame and two fridges and has never heard of/seen this issue before. 

Anyone any ideas/suggestions before I contact Samsung direct?

4 REPLIES 4
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
your beer fridge is telling you that the programme you are watching is so bad, you need a beer to help you through that show!! 😂
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
I dont think it's actually the TV, I believe it interferes with the aerial. I had a similar problem.
0 Likes
Plattypus_Rex
Student
Options

Fine. Except I don’t have mine plugged into an aerial at all. I use my computer through that TV. 

Come to think of it my house doesn’t even have an aerial. Also doesn’t effect the downstairs TV or the TV that was in that room before. 

0 Likes
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
Must be the power then! 🤣
0 Likes