Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeview Play

(Topic created on: 05-07-2021 10:13 PM)
kurtjacob
First Poster
Options

I am looking to purchase a Samsung TV as they are the best ones I've had. However it appears they don't offer Freeview Play (the ability to pause, rewind and record shows). Does anyone know if Samsung TV's are likely to offer it in the near future?

Many thanks

Kurt

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@kurtjacob: While the feature isn't called Freeview Play, it is possible to record terrestrial channels received through an aerial on a wide range of our TVs, via a connected USB storage device. Did you have a specific TV range or model in mind? 

0 Likes
TonyVincent
Pioneer
Options
I have a Q90 and as Andrew L suggests, plugged a USB memory stick in - make sure its a decent one with a fast speed. I'm using a Kingston 32GB stick. No idea how much it holds but it's fine to pause programs when I go to the loo or take a phone call.
0 Likes
kurtjacob
First Poster
Options

Hi, thanks for the reply. Is the USB storage device a Samsung one? I don't want multiple remote controls and would like it all controlled by Alexa / Google Assistant. Is that possible? If not are there plans to release a Samsung TV with Freeview Play with these features?

0 Likes