Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Freeview Guide on standard remote not available?

(Topic created on: 04-12-2022 07:52 PM)
R63
First Poster
Options

How in god's name, do I access the freeview/terrestrial TV guide using the typical remote?

I just bought a S95B and it's a great TV. But there's seemingly no way to access the TV guide with this (BN59 01315N) remote. I cannot even find where recordings are either.

Why have you taken off this fundamental function?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Solution
Caddydaz
First Poster
Options
Hey, I've just bought this TV today and thought the same. I got onto Samsung support and cracked it. On the smart remote (solar one) there is the channel up down rocker key on the right. Instead of flicking it up or down, press down quickly on it and the guide comes up. Not obvious at all. Good luck.
Members_Su0V0JK
First Poster
Options

Many thanks for your post. I couldn't find the guide on standard remote but after reading your post and follow your instructions the guidecame straight up. Cheers.

0 Likes
Members_BzeV4jx
First Poster
Options

How on earth are you supposed to find that!  Frustrating I now have 2 remotes and have no intention of pairing to smartphone. A step back?

0 Likes
MONICA2022
Student
Options

Samsung support informed me today that the TV Guide is not available through the standard remote. Only by short-pressing the Smart remote's channel button. How silly is that?! Listen Samsung UX: The TV guide should be the most prominent button of the standard remote!

midinotes
Explorer
Options

Glad someone got a response from Samsung on this, I also was puzzled how to access the TV guide or the recording features using the standard remote.  I think the standard remote was an after thought with this TV, as users in other countries seem to just receive the solar remote with it. I'm sure Samsung could address this with a software update, after all there are countless options on the standard remote not used whilst watching live TV.  Hopefully someone from Samsung is listening!

0 Likes
JamesDC
First Poster
Options

I found today that if you hold down the Channel List button on the standard remote, the TV guide will come up! 

seasider8
First Poster
Options
Awesome. Best advice yet. Brilliant thank you.
0 Likes
SM108
First Poster
Options

You have just saved me from going mad. been at this for days lol. thanks 

0 Likes
PhilipJ
Apprentice
Options

Sorry if I'm being thick (only got the TV yesterday) but which is the "channel list" button ?

0 Likes