Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeview channels suddenly lost

(Topic created on: 03-08-2021 11:36 PM)
Evilkanevil99
Student
Options

I live in a block with a communal dish. I have a Samsung smart tv and I plug a cable into the wall to get get Freeview on my tv via the communal dish. This has worked for years. I’ve just come back from a weeks holiday and have now lost all my channels and the tv says “no signal”. I’ve checked all the connections and have no issues there. I have tried retuning but no matter which rescan type i choose (terrestial, cable, freesat, satellite) there are no channels found. I’ve seen online that I should have a tuning option called “Air” but I dont see that option. Does anyone know how I can resolve?
The management company for my block won’t send anyone up to look at the communal dish unless I can assure them I’ve checked everything my end and not been able to resolve. Any advice would be hugely appreciated as this is driving me mad! 

Thanks

Dan

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Is it possible to test with one of them indoor antennas just to see if the TV works? If it does then that would prove there's a issue away from the TV and something the block management company has to fix.

Be worth checking with neighbours what their situation is too.

If you don't know anyone with a indoor antenna then it's worth buying one from a retailer that offers a easy process cooling off period... just to test.
0 Likes
SalfordDinky
First Poster
Options
Are you searching mono or anolog
0 Likes
Evilkanevil99
Student
Options

I get an option to search digital, analog or both. I am searching for both and still not getting anything

0 Likes
SalfordDinky
First Poster
Options
On your remote does it say TV dig at top
0 Likes
Hattiejw
First Poster
Options

I am having this exact problem. Is there any fix? 

0 Likes
Belguido
Student
Options

Same thing happening to me.  I doubt that it is the aerial because our second tv is working just fine.  Did anybody get this one sorted?

0 Likes